Decent small TV for Kitchen - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kerry B, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Kerry B

Kerry B Auditioning

Need to buy an approximately 13" TV for a kitchen. Don't want flat screen. Nothing fancy. Just something that gets decent rabbit-ear reception. Anybody have any experience with these little guys? - or know where to find reviews?

Thanks.

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

ah well all i can suggest is a really neat little 14" toshiba i saw in a showroom, it was 300 canadian.. so about 200 or less american. but from what your saying i guess thats more expensive than what you want right?

hey for that kind of tv why not try some place like best buy or CC, they should have something

3. Kerry B

Kerry B Auditioning

Anywhere in the under $200 range would be fine. Just looking for a model that someone has experience with and has found to be at least half way decent. A lighter color would be a plus (to better match kitchen colors).

4. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Sharp and perhaps other manufacturers have 13 inch white kitchen models. I bought one about 4 1/2 years ago for $150 at BJs Wholesale Club and it has worked fine. I think you can find these now for around $100-$120.

cheers,

--tom

5. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

the Toshiba 14af42 its a pastelle blue color and has an MSRp of 219$ US

im sure you could get it for less as they say MSRP is for suckers

I have seen this TV and it is amazing.

and as a bonus it has component in, a fine tv for a great price

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Take a look at the 14 inch Flat Tube Samsung. I've seen it in stores for $169.99 & I'll bet it can be had for less. No component video inputs but it does have Front & Rear Inputs & a headphone jack. Check www.jandr.com for specs & price. Hope this helps & you might even want to consider a 13 inch with a built in vcr. My neighbor just bought the Panasonic 13 inch with a built in vcr in white for $129.00 for use in his RV & the picture quality is pretty good. You can even get Panasonic's with a built in FM radio if you wanted that. Again check J&R's website.