Decent Component switch/selector?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Schmitz, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Mike Schmitz

Mike Schmitz Stunt Coordinator

Jun 10, 2000
    An article in a gaming magazing said that if I needed to connect several Component-out to a monitor, I could use a "JVC JX-S111 A/V selector" and that I could find it online for under $100. Does this device work without signal degredation, os should I be wary? And does anyone know where I can get it from, online?
  2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Jun 5, 2000
    Rachael Bellomy
    Run a search of the forum. This subject has many recent threads. A good search word might be Inday, or was it Enday...? I think one of those is the name of a 4 in, 1 out high-def switcher that you can get for some less than $200. "Duty now for the future." The JVC may satisfy your immediate switching needs but down the road you may wish you had't bought a passive switcher that would become obsolete, possibly, in a few short years. Best wishes!
  3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

May 22, 1999
    Here is the link to the thread on Inexpensive HD Video Switching.
    No. Most switchers dont have a problem with signal degradation. But you have 3 things you could do:
    - Buy the Radio Shack unit that has L/R/Video switching for about $40. Some people have bought this, used the audio connections for component video switching and say it works fine.
    - Buy the JVC unit that is really designed to switch component video.
    - Buy one of the HD switching units described in the link above and be able to switch 4 high-definition sources, including converting optical & coaxial to each other.
    Hope this helps.