What's new

Decameron r1 versions ? (1 Viewer)

Michael Eriksen

Stunt Coordinator
I have the possibility to buy Decameron reg 1. Im not sure its the rare version from Image....is there any other reg 1 versions of Decameron out there, since I cant seem to find any.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Eriksen

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
My copy of The Decameron is also from Image Entertainment. IMdB shows that it's the only version out there right now, and that it's out of print. However, Amazon shows it as "Limited Availability" whatever that means. They do show 2 used copies for $75 and a collectible for about $175.

I did manage to get copies of "out-of-print" DVDs in the past from online retailers, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, for example. I don't know if you are looking to buy a "collectible" at a premium price. If you are, may I suggest that you check the usual retail channels first.

To answer your question Michael, yes there is a better region one version of Pasolini's IL DECAMERON. MGM issued their DVD of it this past Tuesday. There are three things in its favor:

1) It is enhanced for 16x9 Televisions and it looks GREAT!

2) It contains the original US theatrical trailer (which

Image and the British Film Institute did not include)

and....

3) you won't have to pay anymore than 20 US dollars for this disc.

So what are you waiting for? Pick up the new DVD of IL DECAMERON from MGM. They did right by Pasolini.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Thanks for the info! I was looking forward to this release but then heard nothing about it, which led me to actually forget that it was released last week.

Are there any reviews available yet? It's not dubbed, is it? And it's fully uncut, right?

To answer your questions Jussi, I haven't seen any reviews online for this disc. It is in the original Italian language version, with removable English subs. it is at the original 111-minute version as well. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks