What's new

debating...Should I buy this amp and preamp...need input please (1 Viewer)

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin - hehe, I was looking at that listing also but you beat me to it :). I was considering it but figured it would be overkill for me for the room I would be using it in. Anyways let us know if it works our for you.

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Wow thats really funny, I was just reading your post when I heard the email sound notification which was your reply here, LOL. I was just about to post on your thread the link on Audiogon to show you what I just got for under your budget of $700.

If I were you, as long as it falls within your budget iwould definitely not worry about "too much". You can't have too much, thats what the volume control is for. Than the extra power is always there in case you need it. Apparently these amps last practically forever, so i am sure at some point it the extra power would be useful even if it just comes to a higher resale value if you go to sell it...

Anyhow, good luck to you too

BruceD

Screenwriter
I agree with Dan. Good choice.

Let us know how you feel about the entire setup after you get it hooked up (2-channel and HT wise).

And let us know what speakers you will be driving (if I missed where you said it before).

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Thanks Bruce, yes, I will be sure to report back how everything sounds.

Right now I am driving JBL S312 floorstanders, When I have enough money, I plan to upgrade to either Rocket 750's, Swan 6.1's or Ascend 340's with an HSU or SVS sub....

I think they JBL's were an unbelievable value since I only paid $119 each for them plus $100 shipping (total $340) off of Ubid a few years back. They are very clear, detailed are capable of some very nice bass (12" woofers), but I am not too hapy with the way they sound at low volume and sometimes in 2-ch music the sound seems to lack fullness & richness, so i am curious to try some of these highly acclaimed speakers from these direct manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks