Deathrow on XBox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Hey, guys. Anyone get Deathrow yet? What are your first impressions? Seems really, really cool. Later!

Rob

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I'm thinking of renting it.

Reviews out here in the US have been very positive. Reviews/feedback I've received from Europe have been very very negative, curiously enough.

3. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

4. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

You want impressions of this game? You can't handle the impressions. [​IMG] This game rocks harder than it's supposed to. Playing this game might be hazardous to one's health as the user will most likely exceed their recommended daily allowance of Kickass This game has to be seen to be believed. I thought the pictures were too good to be true as I've come to experience with a number of games. This game renews my faith in what the Xbox can do when used by talented developers who put love and dedication into their product instead of pumping out shovelware to separate me from my dvd money. This game is damn well worth the price. Best graphics on the Xbox in my mind so far, love the over the top cussin, and love the gameplay. This game is like a FPS for people who suck at (me), can't control (me), and don't play FPS but wish they could.
    Nothing beats starting a game that feels like an actual TV broadcast and hearing the teams talk smack to each other while your own music (preferrably something hard and angry) plays loudly in the background. Once the game starts it's total mayhem while at the same time being strategic and team based (although sometimes a little one on one foot to face loving is needed). This game is like nothing I've ever played this year and if you take advantage of everything this game offers no other console out now can offer the same experience. Halo fans who loved the multiplayer game and UC fans looking for something to tide them over (although you might still be playing this after you get UC) NEED to get this game as soon as possible. This game is deep as hell in the single player mode and the multiplayer mode could actually go on forever. The total package this game delivers of graphics, sound, innovative fresh gameplay, and user customization is unparalleled at this moment. Highly recommended. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

I can't believe no one is talking about this game. You guys are seriously missing out on one of the most innovative, beautiful, and just plain fun games of the year. This game graphically puts Halo to shame while at the same time being fun as hell instead of some tech demo like Wreckless. In my opinion this game exemplifies everything that Xbox games should be about. Innovation, Great graphics, intuitive controls, and plain old fun. But hey if you guys want to talk about Tony Hawk 26 then it's your choice.
    Give the game a chance and you will most likely fall in love. This game offers a total package of gameplay, customization, innovation, and beautiful eye popping graphics that can't be offered on any other system. Just playing this game to my own music off the hardrive, customized to how I want to play, with the sound turned up really high for the last few days has made me appreciate my Xbox purchase more than any other recent console I've owned.

6. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Damn you guys!!! Now I'm gonna have to go buy this. [​IMG] My brother's been telling me how great it was but I was holding out. After reading this thread I can no longer resist. Looks like I'll be getting Deathrow and Vice City this week. [​IMG]

7. BrianB

BrianB Producer

8. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Speedball.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foosball.