Deathrow For Xbox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Duane Robinson, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

Mar 26, 2001
    I just found out about this game a few days ago and I'm kinda glad and sad that I did. Sad that I didn't know about it sooner and glad because at least I know about it and since it's coming out next week I don't have to wait too long to get my grubby hands on it. The game is like a mix of a sport game and a fighting game with hardcore swearing, flying blood, breaking bones, and more. The game supports custom soundtracks which fit perfectly with this kind of game since players can get into their own rump kicking mood to their own music which really personalizes the game for each person. I love the custom soundtrack feature in racing games and am totally spoiled by it and to see games of other genres using it is a promising thing in my eyes. These are the rest of the features I got from the game's official website:
    Multiplayer support for up to 8 players.
    Realistic, mature language.
    Highly detailed characters, modeled using more than 55 bones each for life-like movement, and up to 7,000 polygons each for a realistic character shape.
    Facial animation capable of blinking and talking, and expressing pain, anger, happiness, and other moods.
    32 combat sports arena locations, each with their own unique architecture and game-play elements.
    18 playable teams, each with their own background, special abilities, and motivation for competing.
    Automatic victory if you remove all of your opponent's players from the field of combat.
    Team management component allowing you to customize your own team according to your style of play. Build your players' statistics from match to match while gaining speed and power bonuses.
    Injured players can be healed between rounds if you have enough money, or you must save your winnings to buy them back.
    150 unique characters.
    Dozens of holds.
    Over 800 base animations.
    Xbox effects such as bump-mapping, spectacular lighting, and bumped reflection mapping.
    The ability of users to import their own music.
    This game sounds friggin sweet and I can't believe it's not getting hyped up as much as some of the repetitive drivel that gets hyped up by a lot of people (cough Wreckless cough), Hopefully this game delivers on all its promises. In my opinion this game seems like the "Cool" version of Soccer Slam but with more cussing. And in my world that's a cool thing. [​IMG]
  2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Sep 2, 1999
    The game is getting pretty good press too. 2 reviews I've seen have been in the 9's area and the previews have spoken highly of it. If only it were Xbox Live enabled too!
  3. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

Jan 7, 2002
    Yeah, I wanna check this out. Maybe it will make up for that terrible Rollerball remake.