Death Wish Movies

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Ringenbach, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Richard Ringenbach

Richard Ringenbach Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard anything about Death Wish 2,3,4 coming out on DVD?

Thank you!

Richard Ringenbach

2. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

Nothing has been announced for the remaining films. Those three installments are now all owned by MGM, so I think the chances are good that they will surface soon. Not that it's on a par, but I believe part 5 ("The Face of Death"), while previously licensed to Trimark, may go to MGM as well (in its capacity as a 21st Century film, whose library is now theirs), so perhaps they're waiting for that title to revert so that they can issue them all in one big swoop.

3. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

I actually wouldn't mind having these. They're not exactly great films, but fun as over-the-top revenge flicks. At least with MGM, we'll probably be able to obtain them for around $10 a pop. Death Wish V pretty much sucks, though.

4. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

It would be nice if MGM would release both the theatrical and cable versions of Death Wish II. I copied the cable version a long time ago onto beta tape. I later purchased the laserdisc version of Death Wish II and found it had been cut from the cable version. I checked the VHS tape version and it is the same as the laserdisc. I would guess the cable version is 5 or so minutes longer than the theatrical version.

5. Dave H

Dave H Producer