What's new

Death Valley Days : The Complete 14th Season : The Ronald Reagan Years 2 (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
So had to run into Walmart today, and was looking around, sitting on the shelf was this gem, still unavailable on Amazon. I knew that it was being released and was looking for that traditional brown cover that Shout does for its western; and could not locate it, one of the associates showed me where it was. If you are a fan of this show, it is in a horrendous slipcover in the binge-worthy tv section. Just a heads up for the others on here that are fans of this program, got to keep the numbers high so they will continue to release this program, oh how i hope.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Dana, can you describe the "slipcover"? Yesterday I went to my two local Wal-Marts and couldn't find it, but like you, was looking for that familiar brown cover, so I may have whizzed right past it. Thanks!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
EPSON013.JPG

how is that, hope that helps, its ugly as hell, but on Ep 3, and its beautiful! :D

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
No politics intended with this post, but I wonder how many people can brag that President Reagan sent them an autographed photo for their birthday? View attachment 42962

"Miss" Nina who lived a few houses down got a birthday card, on her 90th from him, then stated, that she didn't even like him, or vote for him, didnt care for his movies either, and i just laughed. That old lady never held her tongue, blunt and honest, what a role model!

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
"Miss" Nina who lived a few houses down got a birthday card, on her 90th from him, then stated, that she didn't even like him, or vote for him, didnt care for his movies either, and i just laughed. That old lady never held her tongue, blunt and honest, what a role model!
Lol!!! Without getting political, I'll say I wasn't a fan of Barack Obama, and the jury is still out on Mr. Trump in my opinion. I'll leave that there, but I will say it would be cool to have an autographed picture of everyone from Carter on up; other than Reagan, they're all still living.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
View attachment 42960

how is that, hope that helps, its ugly as hell, but on Ep 3, and its beautiful! :D
Yep... that is one ugly cover...

I ran by one of the 2 stores here this morning (needed more 100% Pink Grapefruit juice for breakfast). Not a copy in sight, but that's not too unusual when something is "newly" spotted in other regions of the country. Still... I'm in the Mid-South where you'd think such a series would be put on a display where you enter the store... Even taking politics into consideration, most people around here think of Mr. Reagan as a movie and TV star rather than a politician (kind of like in Back to the Future when Marty tells Doc that Reagan is president in 1985: "Ronald Reagan?!? The Actor?!?").

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
its the only time i have ever felt compelled to throw the slipcover away at the trashcan as i exited the store, which is exactly what happened

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Is this available anywhere? I have been searching for the past several weeks online and haven't found it available on any sites I normally purchase from. I also haven't found it my local Walmart, but their dvd section has been looking more and more unkept.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Chris, I think Ebay might be your best bet as everywhere I have tried to spot this specific DVD, it's listed as being sold out at this time, but in-store might also be your best option as well.

CHECK MY UPDATES BELOW FOR NEW INFO ON THIS TITLE!

Last edited:

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
UPDATE: Chris and others, good news, you can get the title at Amazon Canada's website and they will play here in the states, as it's also Region 1 there as it is here and here is the link where you can order this title from...https://www.amazon.ca/Death-Valley-...valley-days-season-14-the-ronald-reagan-years

25.99 CA is equivalent to $20.19 US Dollars at the current rate of exchange so grab it while you still can at that price.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Shout Factory will be releasing it "wide" very shortly also, possibly even this month. They did the same thing with season 13, which was initially a Wal Mart exclusive for three months and then an official Shout! release.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Thank you everyone for the many responses.

I had been wondering if there would be a wide release, but as time went by, I was getting more concerned. My local Walmart, which had carried many of the Shout/Timeless releases has apparently decided not to carry them any more.

So, I'll wait a bit longer and pick up the release when it goes wide.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks