What's new

"Death Sentence"...Blu? (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Is Fox seriously not releasing this on Blu-Ray?

This is one of my favorites of the year. A fantastic revenge-thriller with some fantastic suspense and a terrific performance by Kevin Bacon.

It sadly slipped by with very little fanfare this past fall, and I was really looking forward to appreciating it in high def.

I am so disappointed with Fox for giving this the shaft...

Jrf2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
At first I thought this was going to be a HD DVD fanboy post. :)

I quite enjoyed this flick as well: one of Bacon's best performances. What gives, Fox?

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
For what it's worth, Entertainment in Video UK is releasing the BD of Death Sentence on January 21st. I don't know if it's encoded for all regions or not....

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Last year, Fox didn't release "The Illusionist" which was a favorite title of mine so I'm not surprise regarding this title.

Ed Speir IV

Stunt Coordinator
I loved this movie also - and really wanted it in Hi-Def...now I have to decide if I should buy the DVD or just wait....

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr

heh...i thought exactly the same thing (especially with CES coming on next week.) i guess the opposite could have been said if this were a topic on "Death Proof" for either format. personally, i prefer title names to be in "quotes" so as to avoid confusion. :D

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Adam, you've compromised the integrity of my initial post! :)

Is there an email or address for Fox? I'd love to drop them a line expressing my disappointment of Death Sentence's lack of a Blu-Ray release.

WadeM

Supporting Actor

It slipped by my radar! I never even heard of this movie! I'll try to keep a lookout for it.

I haven't seen anything about Darjeeling Limited getting a Blu-Ray release either, which was disappointing.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
I have not seen 'Darjeeling Limited' and don't know how good or bad the movie is, but having just gotten back today, from a weeks vacation in and around Darjeeling, it would really be nice to have the movie on Blu-Ray in HD.

WadeM

Supporting Actor

If you liked previous Wes Anderson/Owen Wilson collaborations, then you'll probably like this one too. I thought it was quite a funny movie. Darjeeling seems like an interesting destination...too bad I have another 8 months before my next vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks