Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have the following mini-series:
1. Rich Man, Poor Man
2. Pearl Harbor
3. V The mini-Series
4. Once a Solder
I am a huge fan of mini-series and was fortunate to grow up in the 1970s as a kid to experience some epic mini-series. I like to purchase winds of war, shogun, roots and other mini-series that have been released on dvd.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I don't think there is any definite line, but even though "Band of Brothers" was great, I don't think it qualifies as a mini-series, maybe just an extended run of an episodic show.
I disagree. BoB is the very definition of a miniseries. I also really enjoyed HBO's "John Adams". It was very well done.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Pillars of the Earth Sequel .. already filmed, and heading to Reelz

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/world-without-end-miniseries-reelzchannel-pillars-of-the-earth-ken-follett/

ReelzChannel has snagged U.S. premiere rights to the eight-hour miniseries World Without End, the sequel to Scott Free Films and Tandem Communications’ mini The Pillars Of The Earth that aired last year on Starz and garnered seven Emmy nominations. The two projects were based on the Ken Follett epic novels. ReelzChannel, which had great success with airing The Kennedys miniseries via its TV About Movies platform — it competed with Pillars in last year’s Emmy Miniseries or Movie category — plans a fall 2012 airdate; it acquired and aired the nine-part Pillars for its second U.S. window last year after Starz. “With The Kennedys we conditioned our audience to know that our network is home to the biggest miniseries, and World Without End is exactly that,” ReelzChannel SEO Stan Hubbard said.

Now this first one was a Mini Series worth watching.. good to know there is a sequel, and it appears it had a good budget and a good cast

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/tandem-scott-free-set-cast-for-44-million-miniseries-world-without-end/

German-based Tandem Communications and Ridley and Tony Scott’s Scott Free Prods. have locked in the main cast of their $44 million eight-hour miniseries World Without End, a follow-up to The Pillars of the Earth, which the two companies also co-produced. Cynthia Nixon, Miranda Richardson, Ben Chaplin, Peter Firth (MI5), Charlotte Riley (The Duchess) and Tom Weston-Jones (Enlightenment) lead the cast of the mini, based on the novel by The Pillars of the Earth author Ken Follett. Michael Caton-Jones (Rob Roy) is directing from a script by John Pielmeier, who also adapted The Pillars of the Earth for Tandem and Scott Free. The two companies are co-producing World Without End with Canada’s Take 5 Prods. and Galafilm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks