Death by Lava Light

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jordan_E, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. Jordan_E

    Jordan_E Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2002
    Messages:
    2,233
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
  2. Christ Reynolds

    Christ Reynolds Producer

    Joined:
    May 6, 2002
    Messages:
    3,597
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Real Name:
    CJ
    that's what i first thought. even though it was a bad idea to put the thing on the stove, i still see it as sort of a freak accident, the shard of glass could have gone anywhere.

    CJ
     
  3. Zen Butler

    Zen Butler Producer

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2002
    Messages:
    5,546
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    6,610
    Location:
    Southern, Ca
    Real Name:
    Zen K. Butler
    I have quite a few of them. Maybe he was trying to speed up the process of the lava? It does take a while to get going, especially when they have been off for a while. When you're high, it seems like forever. That's one impatient stoner though. A member here, puts all her's on timers. Which I thought was real cool.

    R.I.P Lava Rookie [​IMG]
     
  4. ChrisMatson

    ChrisMatson Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2000
    Messages:
    2,181
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    110
    I saw this as well and it scared me because of a recent incident.

    I attended an early Thanksgiving dinner with some friends last week. One of the guests brought a giant casserole dish filled with home-made mashed potatoes.

    Another guest decided to keep the dish warm by placing it on the stove on low heat. Unfortunately she set the stove to high heat.

    We all smelled a strange odor coming from the stove. About a minute later--BOOM!

    Thankfully, no one was hurt. The mashed potatoes and glass made quite a mess.
     
  5. Andrew Grall

    Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    May 17, 1999
    Messages:
    645
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    [​IMG]

    Hmm... I understand why the lava lamp exploded, but why the potatoes?
     
  6. Dave Poehlman

    Dave Poehlman Producer

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2000
    Messages:
    3,813
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I wonder if he just set it on the stove not knowing the burner was on.

    My family had rented a cabin on a lake for a week and I had gone for a morning bike ride after breakfast. The cabin had no counter space and I had set my helmet on the stove when I got back.

    Turns out the gas burner wasn't fully off and you couldn't see the flame. Next thing I know, the cabin is filling with black smoke and there are 3ft flames shooting from my helmet.

    I wonder if this guy just set it on the stove to clean it or change the bulb and didn't realize the burner was on.

    Well, there's worse ways to go, I suppose.
     
  7. Holadem

    Holadem Lead Actor

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2000
    Messages:
    8,967
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    It's the fact that this guy made it to his room (trying to reach the phone?) with a chard of glass in his heart that gets me.

    --
    H
     
  8. Marc S Kessler

    Marc S Kessler Stunt Coordinator

    Joined:
    May 8, 2001
    Messages:
    186
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I will nominate him for the Darwin Award.
     
  9. ChrisMatson

    ChrisMatson Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2000
    Messages:
    2,181
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    110
    The potatoes weren't the problem. The glass casserole dish was not designed for high heat on a stove.

    Moral of the story: Never put glass dishes on the stove.
     
  10. Robert_Gaither

    Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2002
    Messages:
    1,370
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0


    I'll only second this if he had no children.[​IMG]
     

Share This Page