What's new

Death by Lava Light (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
that's what i first thought. even though it was a bad idea to put the thing on the stove, i still see it as sort of a freak accident, the shard of glass could have gone anywhere.

CJ

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I have quite a few of them. Maybe he was trying to speed up the process of the lava? It does take a while to get going, especially when they have been off for a while. When you're high, it seems like forever. That's one impatient stoner though. A member here, puts all her's on timers. Which I thought was real cool.

R.I.P Lava Rookie :frowning:

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I saw this as well and it scared me because of a recent incident.

I attended an early Thanksgiving dinner with some friends last week. One of the guests brought a giant casserole dish filled with home-made mashed potatoes.

Another guest decided to keep the dish warm by placing it on the stove on low heat. Unfortunately she set the stove to high heat.

We all smelled a strange odor coming from the stove. About a minute later--BOOM!

Thankfully, no one was hurt. The mashed potatoes and glass made quite a mess.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Hmm... I understand why the lava lamp exploded, but why the potatoes?

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if he just set it on the stove not knowing the burner was on.

My family had rented a cabin on a lake for a week and I had gone for a morning bike ride after breakfast. The cabin had no counter space and I had set my helmet on the stove when I got back.

Turns out the gas burner wasn't fully off and you couldn't see the flame. Next thing I know, the cabin is filling with black smoke and there are 3ft flames shooting from my helmet.

I wonder if this guy just set it on the stove to clean it or change the bulb and didn't realize the burner was on.

Well, there's worse ways to go, I suppose.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It's the fact that this guy made it to his room (trying to reach the phone?) with a chard of glass in his heart that gets me.

--
H

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
The potatoes weren't the problem. The glass casserole dish was not designed for high heat on a stove.

Moral of the story: Never put glass dishes on the stove.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks