Death Becomes Her, something brewin'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kai Zas, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

The R2 release is widescreen, the R1 seems to be full-screen only.

Any hope of getting a non-sped-up fullscreen version?

2. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

This would be very nice. I would very much like to buy this title along with Twins, but will only buy a widescreen version. Chariots of Fire is also on my list.

Ron Birk

3. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

I seem to recall at a chat or somewhere that Universal are working on another, WS edition of this-perhaps an SE...

4. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

I seem to recall that there were scenes in the trailer that didnt end up in the film. An SE would be most welcome. Cheers.

5. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

There's a wonderful book by SE Producer extraordinaire Laurent Bouzereau called "The Cutting Room Floor", subtitled "Movie scenes which never made it to the screen." It has an entire chapter on Robert Zemeckis including the Back to the Future trilogy and brief mentions of Used Cars and I Wanna Hold Your Hand. But most of all, it details the extensive cuts made to Death Becomes Her, including a subplot featuring Tracey Ullman and a completely different ending!

6. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

That's a fantastic book. I've been waiting for a Death becomes Her special edition since LD days. A lot of footage was deleted from it (Meryl Streep in the fridge is a funny one - a pic is even on the back of the LD).

7. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

Tonight I'll light a candle for the SE and I'll pray for it to contain the Tracey Ulman subplot and the alternate ending, al dan niet via seamless branching.

I never understood what's wrong with this movie and why it doesn't get the attention it deserves. True, there's a lot of "effects", but the story around those shots is just perfect.

8. Bingo

Bingo Stunt Coordinator

This is the only movie in my collection of over 300 DVDs that does not contain an OAR transfer..

It was one of the first titles I bought....1998 (used for about $10)....and before I understood what widescreen really meant.

Now...I definitely would not buy it again, knowing what I know now....(NO OAR = No Sale) but I'll be damn sure to replace it with an OAR version if/when it is available.

9. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Producer
    Supporter

I keep seeing it at, and want it, but NOT if it is NOT

OAR!

What was up with Universal on this TITLE?

Mark