What's new

Dear WAC: Please Keep Those RKO Classics Coming! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Please! Please! Please!
Blood on The Moon & Journey into Fear, I don't believe either have rights issues. So they should see the light of day. Robert Mitchum & Orson Welles! Those should be no brainers. Or at least to me they are.

I'm not even going to included the titles that have rights issues(Devil Thumbs a Ride) or any 3D(Second Chance). Hopefully Blood on The Moon & Journey Into Fear, are realistic to get a release.
Yeah, I watched "Journey into Fear" earlier today on the TCM app. and it needs some serious work before a Blu-ray release.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Please! Please! Please!
Blood on The Moon & Journey into Fear, I don't believe either have rights issues. So they should see the light of day. Robert Mitchum & Orson Welles! Those should be no brainers. Or at least to me they are.

I'm not even going to included the titles that have rights issues(Devil Thumbs a Ride) or any 3D(Second Chance). Hopefully Blood on The Moon & Journey Into Fear, are realistic to get a release.
I love Blood on The Moon but my DVD indicates that a lot of remedial work would be necessary before a high definition transfer would be feasible. Apart from the Barbara Bel Geddes bit, both as written and as acted, the film is pretty well perfect, with a really sour mood and some excellent lighting by Nicholas Musuraca. Robert Wise was always a first class director.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Five Came Back 1939
Bringing Up Baby 1938
Gunga Din 1939
Alice Adams 1935

Not sure if The Devil and Daniel Webster is an RKO picture. They released it but the rights may have reverted to the producers. Criterion had the rights to the DVD long before they had a deal to release any Warner Bros owned films.

Last edited:

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, I watched "Journey into Fear" earlier today on the TCM app. and it needs some serious work before a Blu-ray release.
I agree, the last time I saw it on TCM, I thought it needed some work. But I'm hopeful, definitely a title they would/should release. I don't believe it has ever had a region 1 release on DVD. I think only a French DVD

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I love Blood on The Moon but my DVD indicates that a lot of remedial work would be necessary before a high definition transfer would be feasible. Apart from the Barbara Bel Geddes bit, both as written and as acted, the film is pretty well perfect, with a really sour mood and some excellent lighting by Nicholas Musuraca. Robert Wise was always a first class director.
Much like Journey into Fear it does appear to need some work last time I saw it. I have the French DVD, and it leaves a lot to be desired. It is such a great Norish Western!

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Journey into Fear is coming to Blu-ray.....the 1975 version released by Dark Force Entertainment and will come out in October. Lets hope the 1943 version will also come out soon.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, zero for twenty. Almost a year ago, I posted the OP, and not a single title from my list has made it to Blu-ray. Has WAC released any RKO Blu's in 2020?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Well, zero for twenty. Almost a year ago, I posted the OP, and not a single title from my list has made it to Blu-ray. Has WAC released any RKO Blu's in 2020?
They just recently announced 2 RKO films Kentucky Kernals and Flying Leathernecks. I am pretty sure they released a couple other RKO films this year too.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I've always been partial to The Little Major Who Could, so any RKO titles that WAC chooses to release are A-OK with me.

These should be all of the (so far) RKO titles released (or announced) on BRD by WAC. :D

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Blood on the Moon
Flying Leathernecks
Great Day in the Morning
Hans Christian Andersen (produced by Goldwyn, distributed by RKO; reissue of WHV release)
Kentucky Kernels
Murder, My Sweet
The Naked and the Dead
On Dangerous Ground
Out of the Past
Rachel and the Stranger
The Set-Up
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Susan Slept Here
Suspicion
The Thing from Another World
Underwater!
Wagon Master
While the City Sleeps

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
What a classic Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House is! Certainly deserving Blu ray status. Years ago when we lived in Sydney we had a regular friend, an architect, who insisted on viewing our DVD every time he visited.
I particularly like the scene where Myrna Loy instructs her builder on the exact shade of every colour paint she wants for every room .......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks