What's new

Dear Twilight Time: I Can Live With Your Prices, But Hate Your Forced Timelines (1 Viewer)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
To come at this issue from a slightly different angle, yes this bothers me too but only because I tend to press play from the menu and then immediately "pause" the disc, so when people enter my home cinema the menu isn't being displayed. I do this because menus tend to contain spoilers. I also like to play music in my room so any music from a menu would have to be muted anyway, plus I use a projector and the "house lights" are on full when guests enter so the picture would look washed out if I left it on the menu. I therefore hate having this "timeline" at the bottom of the screen, there are ways to get around it, such as being able to "switch off" the light output of the projector, but I shouldn't have to do that in reality.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
When HTF member, Dick, brought this issue to my attention last week, I told him I would look into it at our authoring house. Since we at TT had never realized the timeline was an issue, we simply assumed it was a part of the generic blu-ray authoring process. We were informed by the facility today that the timeline is optional, so starting with the Jan releases, and then going forward from there, TT discs will no longer have one. You learn something new every day.

Happy holidays!

All best,

Nick.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Twilight Time said:
When HTF member, Dick, brought this issue to my attention last week, I told him I would look into it at our authoring house. Since we at TT had never realized the timeline was an issue, we simply assumed it was a part of the generic blu-ray authoring process. We were informed by the facility today that the timeline is optional, so starting with the Jan releases, and then going forward from there, TT discs will no longer have one. You learn something new every day.

Happy holidays!

All best,

Nick.
Thanks for resolving this issue in a very timely manner.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Thanks so much, Nick, for getting right on this. A major studio would have taken months or a year to get around to it, if at all. In fact, as perhaps I did not make clear, I have absolutely no issue with the timelines per se, only with the fact that they have been non-removable. So, maybe there is a way to compromise with the authoring company...?

I am totally blown away by the action you have taken, and hope you at TT have a safe and restful holiday, if you observe it.

Dick (loyal TT customer and HTF member)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Totally unexpected and awesome! Thank you very much, Nick! And please keep the Harryhausen movies coming. :)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Persianimmortal said:
Oh great. So now, not only do we get barebones releases from Twilight Time, and no magnet from SAE, they're going to remove timelines as well? What other feature is TT going to remove next - the FBI warning? When I pay a premium price for a Blu-ray, I expect the whole package!
Next thing they will do away with some forced BD live stuff that starts loading before you get to the movie and also with the half dozen movie trailers - now that would be horrible!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Persianimmortal said:
Oh great. So now, not only do we get barebones releases from Twilight Time, and no magnet from SAE, they're going to remove timelines as well? What other feature is TT going to remove next - the FBI warning? When I pay a premium price for a Blu-ray, I expect the whole package!
Funny you should mention "package." I heard the discs are just going to be coming in paper sleeves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks