Dear Studios, Unified HD format first choice, if not then BluRay...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DaViD Boulet, Mar 30, 2005.

1. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Like every consumer, I would love to see a unified format...if that format could be achieved without degrading the performance that Blu-ray can provide. If such a unified format is not possible, then please offer your titles on BluRay disc.

Why do I want Blu-ray and not HD DVD?

It's simple. It's got more space. It's got more bandwidth. That means better-quality HD video along with uncompromised audio like lossless DTS-HD encoding or DD at higher bit-rates than current DVD affords, and plenty of space to spare for bonus features without eating in the bit-bucket reserved for feature content.

As an enthusiast, I'm not concerned with the politics of Sony, Toshiba, or the film industry; I just my HD format to be the highest-quality it can be. Given the compromises we suffer with current DVD when bit-space for Auido, Video, and special features all start to compete with each other, it seems that adopting a format like HD DVD locks us into the same necessary competition between these content features only offering them in HD resolution. Blu-ray, on the other hand, has the bit-space and bandwidth to provide truly high-quality picture, sound, and special features without these (or at least lessened) limitations.

That makes it the right choice as far as I'm concerned.

Thank-you.

2. John Goodwin

John Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

agreed
    [​IMG]