What's new

Dear Sony / Mill Creek... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have a short list of six major films from the Columbia/TriStar catalog that remain unreleased. Any of these could be licensed to Mill Creek or be released by Sony. Is there no interest in any of these?

THE BEDFORD INCIDENT
THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA
AVALON
THE CHEAP DETECTIVE
REQUIEM FOR A HEAVYWEIGHT
BEYOND RANGOON

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
I have a short list of six major films from the Columbia/TriStar catalog that remain unreleased. Any of these could be licensed to Mill Creek or be released by Sony. Is there no interest in any of these?

THE BEDFORD INCIDENT
AVALON
THE CHEAP DETECTIVE
BEYOND RANGOON
BEYOND RANGOON is with Warner Bros.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Sony have been releasing some of their less well known films on their own MOD Blu-ray discs. Count Three And Pray is a notable example. So, in addition to "major" films, there is an abundance of fairly obscure titles I'd love to see. How about a box-set of early, pre-stardom Rita Hayworth B-features?

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Wouldja believe I have only one Columbia or TriStar that ISN'T already blu? It's the Jack Lemmon-starrer The Wackiest Ship in the Army.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Wonder if Barabbas and The Long Ships might make it to a Mill Creek collection someday. Seems like the only way they will make it into the Region A HD world. Have to say, I sure LOVE the Rita Hayworth and three MC Noir sets.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Another almost forgotten movie released by Columbia and, I assume, still with Sony is The War Lover with Steve McQueen and Robert Wagner. As those two are still very popular and as the film has an interesting core idea, a Blu-ray disc might sell in large quantities.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
The Victors is another Columbia release I hope sees the light of Blu Ray in an uncut version.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I'll second BEYOND RANGOON on Blu-ray. The HD stream has a few small issues so they'll need a new master.

I'll advance you MAJOR DUNDEE on Blu-ray. I have the SIERRA CHARRIBA Italian Blu-ray (that is absolutely fine) but I want others to be able to enjoy this great Peckinpah movie.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
I approached MC about letting us (i.e., Bantam Street) have the Blu rights back for CADAVRA so we could do a complete Larry Blamire box set. They said sure and then quoted an insane price for our own movie. That insult aside, I could live with it if they were planning their own Blu release, including all the extras they omitted for the DVD, but I don't sense it's gonna happen. I take full responsibility for this cock-up, because I made the original deal for perpetuity, foolishly thinking I was going to remain with Sony a lot longer than I actually did.

Mark*S

Auditioning

THE BEDFORD INCIDENT
AVALON
THE CHEAP DETECTIVE
BEYOND RANGOON
Sorry to bump, but I just came across this old thread and I don't know if anybody mentioned Mill Creek's "TKO: Boxing Triple Feature" collection ... which does include the Requiem for a Heavyweight film. (Somewhat related to this topic, but worth noting that the incredible original live TV teleplay of Requiem is on Criterion's Golden Age of Television box set.)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Sorry to bump, but I just came across this old thread and I don't know if anybody mentioned Mill Creek's "TKO: Boxing Triple Feature" collection ... which does include the Requiem for a Heavyweight film. (Somewhat related to this topic, but worth noting that the incredible original live TV teleplay of Requiem is on Criterion's Golden Age of Television box set.)
Hey Mark*S: it seems you joined in 2005 and this is your first post! What happened (or didn't happen?) Anyway, welcome aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks