What's new

Dear PLASMA SET owners... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am considering buying a 42-50" plasma set, and want to know from those of you have own these if you have played back any DVD's burned from TCM of other movie channels via satellite broadcasts, and if so, what sort of quality you are getting? I have amassed many DVD's from this channel, many in widescreen, and they look pretty terrific on my 32" direct-view monitor. But I wonder when blown up further how they will look. Obviously none are anamorphic, plus the image is a bit further compressed from the broadcast. I have brought a few of these discs to retailers who have sets on display and have asked them to play them for me - but no one is set up (or is willing) to do this. No sale until I can see my copies up on the screen!

Any reports from HTF members?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am considering buying a 42-50" plasma set, and want to know from those of you have own these if you have played back any DVD's burned from TCM of other movie channels via satellite broadcasts, and if so, what sort of quality you are getting? I have amassed many DVD's from this channel, many in widescreen, and they look pretty terrific on my 32" direct-view monitor. But I wonder when blown up further how they will look. Obviously none are anamorphic, plus the image is a bit further compressed from the broadcast. I have brought a few of these discs to retailers who have sets on display and have asked them to play them for me - but no one is set up (or is willing) to do this. No sale until I can see my copies up on the screen!

Any reports from HTF members?

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Standard satellite broadcasts from TCM will look about half as good as their DVD counterparts, IMO. Black and White movies hold up a little better, but dont expect the kind of picture you get from DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks