Real Name
Warren
The Greatest Show on Earth
Ordinary People
Roman Holiday
The Rose Tattoo
Children of a Lesser God
Romeo and Juliet

I'll take all of these on Blu. *Even though I HATE The Rose Tattoo, it is, unfortunately, one I need for my collection.)

Reactions: PMF

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
The Greatest Show on Earth
Ordinary People
Roman Holiday
The Rose Tattoo
Children of a Lesser God
Romeo and Juliet

I'll take all of these on Blu. *Even though I HATE The Rose Tattoo, it is, unfortunately, one I need for my collection.)

I bought ROMEO AND JULIET on bluray last year.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I asked KL some time ago if they were releasing any VV films on blu-ray which hadn't had a DVD, but it was a negative.

Let's hope they change their minds at some point. They are putting out a lot of obscure titles at present that delight a small minority, so a little-known film like The Scarlet Hour should not be too much of a stretch.

Reactions: PMF
Real Name
Yugo
I should say, "Dear CBS/Viacom..."

What the hell? Is Wade Williams a CEO of your company now? Is Susan Hart on your Board of Directors? You're holding these films hostage...

Nah. I love the sentiment but if Wade Williams was on the board he wouldn't just refuse to put out properly restored versions of these movies. He'd whine about the poor quality of every 9th generation copy of the movies that did find their way into our hands, claiming he's a "film lover" and "custodian" while simultaneously allowing the few good original prints of those movies we have left to rot and decay in a closet somewhere, waiting for a huge payday that's never going to come. Oh and he'd also make spurious copyright claims over every public domain movie he could think of (Plan 9).

I want to believe his heart is in the right place as a lover and custodian of movies but his actions and posts on this board seem to tell a different story. Sadly "holding hostage" seems to actually be a reasonable way to put it. He's going to end up with a bunch of film canisters full of dust, still demanding a huge payday and shaking his fist at the sky.

It makes me very sad. For him, for fans of the films he has, for the films themselves and the people who made them...

Susan Hart I am not familiar with, but I'm assuming it's a similar story? Isn't there also some guy threatening anyone trying to screen Manos with legal action even though it was in PD for decades? I'm gonna have to Google these now.

Man, why did I even reply to this thread? I'm just making myself upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks