What's new

Dear Paramount...Any of these on the docket...? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
First...
Spectacularjob on SUNSET BLVD. My second-favorite film ever (after BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI), and you have brought this film back to life beautifully after decades of muddy VHS and laser releases. Thanks ever so much, sirs!
(ROMAN HOLIDAY looks great, too!) Are any of the following being worked on?
DRAGONSLAYER
PRETTY BABY
RAGTIME
PAPER MOON
DISORDERLY ORDERLY (Jerry Lewis)
I would also love to see ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS, so here's another vote for that. And finally, what is the status of Polanksi's THE TENANT?
Thanks for any info.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
The Tenant not being released was a real disappointment. I'm praying that it will make it's way out onto DVD soon.
I'd buy all the films on Dick's list if they came out on DVD. I would also love to see these on DVD one day:
The Big Carnival
The Conformist
Day of the Locust
Friends of Eddie Coyle
Hud
I Married a Monster From Outer Space
Lady in a Cage
Looking for Mr Goodbar
One-Eyed Jacks
The Out-of-Towners
Phase IV
Reds
Paramount, you're doing an excellent job in getting your catalog titles out on DVD. Thanks for the great releases!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jay: Excellent suggestion, Phase IV (a "real" science fiction film, oozing with intelligence). JB

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
I'm longing to buy
ENCHANTED APRIL (1992)
SCROOGE (the musical with the long original Oveture)1970
SOME KIND OF HERO (1982) W/ Richard Pryor
If Paramount would release SCROOGE it would have me singing, "Thank ya very much. Thank ya very much. That's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me." The movie has great Christmas songs.

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
Jay E - I have a copy of ONE-EYED JACKS. So it most be out there already. (Picked mine up at a 2nd hand book store)

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Jay,
Are you talking about "The Out of Towners" with Steve Martin. If so, that DVD has been available for some time now.

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
For one reason or another, you can't expect any of the titles listed before June. I'm not saying they're on the schedule for later in the year although some are possible.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
We'll occasionally remind you, Mr. Blythe, of these little gems from the Paramount vault we so adore. For example, a lot of people are fascinated by Space Age/Atomic Age retellings of a Dumas classic. :) (Thanks for your input, sir.)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
There was a 1970 version of The Out of Towners starring Jack Lemmon. It's very funny...likely better than the remake (haven't seen the remake).

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Patrick is correct, it is the 1970 film I was talking about. Thanks anyway Mathew.

Benn, The One-Eyed Jacks that's out on DVD is a cheapie company release. I'm hoping for a official widescreen release from Paramount (who released a widescreen laser of the film).

And thanks to Martin Blythe for responding to this thread.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Apart from titles already mention thus far, any decent chance of the following on DVD from Paramount in 2003?
THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST (1967, un-cut, all the original music intact)
THE NAKED PREY (1966)
TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE (1959)
TARZAN THE MAGNIFICENT (1960)
MURPHY'S WAR (1971)
THE NAKED JUNGLE (1954)
THE DESPERATE HOURS (1955)
DARK CITY (1950)
THE ASSASSINATION BUREAU (1968)
DANGER: DIABOLIK (1968)
THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM (1968)
Chalk me up as in favor of:
THE BIG CARNIVAL
LADY IN A CAGE
ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE
PHASE IV
THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE
PAPER MOON (I believe this is coming rather soon from Paramount, with a Bogdanovich commentary; same deal with his film TARGETS ('68))
In any event, looks like lots of good stuff coming soon from Paramount as it is (MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK, PAPER MOON, TARGETS, CAPTAIN KRONOS: VAMPIRE HUNTER, FRANKENSTEIN & THE MONSTER FROM HELL, hopefully ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, etc.).

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
Any chance Big Jake,Rio Lobo , or Little Big Man will get released in 2003?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'd love to own much of what was suggested in the first post, hopefully we will see most of them in the second 1/2 of '03.
It would be really great to finally have nice copies of the Gordon Scott Tarzan movies, too. these would make terrificv anamorphic widescreen discs, and already have a built in fan base.
but by far, the most desired title mentioned so far, for me-
The Big Carnival is one of the Late, Great Billy Wilders most important films, imo.
this thing completely devestated me the first time i saw it on AMC in the early 90's.
its that rare case of a film that has become even more relevant 50 years later.
[on knees]PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Oh Please Realease this Paramount! [/on knees]

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm still hoping for some word one day on these 4:
1. "Looking for Mr Goodbar"
2. "Phase IV"
3. "Robinson Crusoe on Mars"
4. "The Naked Jungle"

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
And "The African Queen". Mr. Blythe it should be obvious that this classic has quite a following and would do well for Paramount. I understand it is under consideration for possible release after some restoration. I hope this comes to pass. However, I would highly encourage the release of this title, as was done for R2, if a full restoration is not in the cards.

Joel

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
My Most Coveted Paramount Titles Begging for a DVD Release:
Bernardo Bertolucci: The Conformist (1971) and 1900 (1976)
Francis Ford Coppola: Apocalypse Now SE (1979)
John Huston: The African Queen (1951)
Sergio Leone: Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
David Lynch: Twin Peaks: TV Pilot (1990)
Martin Ritt: Hud (1963)
Preston Sturges: The Miracle of Morgan's Creek (1944)
Any word on any of these, Mr. Blythe (I have read your recent comments on The African Queen, so no need to comment further)?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks