Dear NETFLIX...where are the Criterion and Anchor Bay titles?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dick, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Dick

Dick Producer

May 22, 1999
    I've noticed during the past couple of years a progressive decline in new titles being offered by Netflix from both Criterion and Anchor Bay. I have numerous times contacted tham about this and have been sent totally uninformative form emails. God, they don't even have THE KILLERS or LIFE AND TIMES OF COLONEL BLIMP, or more than half the Anchor Bay Hammer Films, or MURDER BY DECREE or....geese, the list goes on and on. This is from the company that boldly (and erroniously) states it has "Virtually every DVD..." I've been pretty loyal to them for quite a while, but I am growing more frustrated.
  2. danak

danak Second Unit

Sep 25, 2002
    They recently added "The Killers" and the 1946 Criterion version of "Beauty and the Beast" (I don't know if this is the recently restored version though). However, one of the problems I have with them is that they don't include Criterion in the title (except for "The Killers") and at least half the time, they don't mention that it's a Criterion title in the description. Of course, for a lot of their titles, they don't indicate in the title if it's a special edition, collector's edition, ultimate edition, etc. They are starting to do this with new titles they add, but it's pretty frustrating to try to figure out which version they have for many of their current titles.