Dear MGM: DREAMCHILD and BURN WITCH BURN, please!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dick, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    These have been out of video (BURN WITCH BURN was also on a gorgeous widescreen laser) for a while, but it's time to commit them to the DVD format. Thanks!

2. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    Currently, my most-wanted DVD horror title from MGM is BURN WITCH BURN (1962). Please, please give us a nice anamorphic widescreen edition of it, with bonus features (trailer, the Paul Frees opening incantation, Richard Mathesan's commentary track from the LD release, the alternate opening "NIGHT OF THE EAGLE" titles, and if they can be tracked down and are willing-- commentary or interviews with stars Peter Wyngarde, Janet Blair and Kathleen Byron).

Too bad MGM (via their Orion/AIP catalogue) no longer has the rights to UNEARTHLY STRANGER (1963), an excellent sci-fi companion piece to BURN WITCH BURN, made by the same production company, Independent Artists, starring John Neville (known later on as Terry Gilliam's BARON MUNCHAUSEN, and "Well-Manicured Man" on THE X-FILES). Otherwise, these two would make an excellent "Midnite Movies" double-feature DVD.

I wonder who does retain the rights to UNEARTHLY STRANGER these days... Carlton? Canal+?

3. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    Thought I'd bump this back with another vote for Dreamchild. This is a fascinating film, and I would love to see an OAR DVD.

4. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

"Dreamchild" (1985) on DVD at last!
    My copy arrived today. It is mono, widescreen, looks better than the VHS and you'll hear no nit-picky whining from me, I have wanted this for a very long time.