What's new

Deals on VCRs? (1 Viewer)

SteveCallas

Second Unit
I'm trying to pick up a VCR for as cheap as possible, as it will get very little use. The cheapest I can find is around $50 though - I was expecting there to be something for more like $25. Anybody know of any deals?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I don't know, but low-end, plain VCR's have almost disappeared from the marketplace. My GoVideo died a couple weeks ago. Since I never record tape-to-tape anymore, I thought I go pick up a cheap VCR, just to record shows I want to time-shift. Well Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart & Radio Shack all had only 1 plain VCR, (every other one seems to now include a DVD deck). I settled on the Radio Shack model. They did have an Emerson at Walmart for $29, I think it was. But the audio was mono. For $49, the one I got was stereo.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member

:laugh: I remember when you couldn't find any for less than $1000!!

New VCRs are crap though- you're probably better off getting an older one at a flea market or Ebay; if it still works now then it'll probably last longer than any new machine. I've got a Zenith VHS from 1987 that still works great, only been to the shop once for cleaning. Of course nowadays it doesn't get used very often. (And WTF is up with all these DVD/VHS machines where the VCR can't even do S-VHS??)

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Not looking good so far I guess. I just want to watch my VHS copy of No Retreat No Surrender (cheesy 80's martial arts movie) since it isn't out on dvd and probably never will be. Hopefully some Christmas sale will let me pick one up cheap somewhere.

Roy C.

Second Unit
Steve,

would you be interested in a couple of used ones (cheap!!)? They are in good working condition, just not being used...

Later,
Roy C.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Roy, if you have 1 left after you hear from Steve, LMK. I'm also in the market for a cheap VCR.

Thanks,
Scott

Rick Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Panasonic Super VHS VCR with remote. the remote was never used because I have a MX-700. PM if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks