What's new

Deals in Canada for US residents .... I think (1 Viewer)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Ok I know some of you order from Canada SOME times or you are looking to get special discs like the Harry Potter Canadian release Etc.
Anyway it seems as though futureshop now will ship to the US. Link Removed I was placing a order today and noticed they now use regular mail rather than purolator and that they have all the US states for selection. So you might want to give it a try. You may be free shipping (although the deal may be for canada only) but if you order $70 before tax now you get free shipping. Depending on other charges it could be A LOT cheaper to order from Canada for US folks. At $25 CDN for dvd's we seem to get a deal.
One note though some canadian releases are being delayed for bilingual covers GRRRR. Seems as though 40 days and 40 nights is now being released Sept 24th!!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Thanks.
I will check them out.

I order about 90% of my stuff from Canada.

Gregg

Eric F

Screenwriter
James, I looked all over Futureshop's site and there is nothing about international shipping. In fact, the help section says they don't ship outside Canada.

Hey Gregg, you apparently live close to the border. Would it pay to drive up to Montreal and pay Canadian retail prices? I was also thinking about taking an overnighter to Nova Scotia on the ferry. That's an easier drive for me.

I assume that Canadian retail DVD prices have the same mark-up that everything else does to compensate for the low exchange rate with the US$?

Allan_Lim

Agent
After you factor in your travel costs and the sales tax you're likely better off buying local aren't you?

One thing I like about mail order, especially from Eastern Canada is that I don't have to pay Provincial sales tax on my order. If you get free shipping it's often cheaper to buy from Eastern Canada several thousand miles away than the store down the street. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks