What's new

Deals at dvdsoon.com (1 Viewer)

Devin U

Second Unit
I just ordered the Royal Tenenbaums Criterion for 21.30 canadian from this website. i heard about it on dvdtalk.com. it was a great deal. with shipping it was like 17.00! Anybody ever use them. Ive heard mixed reviews about the site, but for that price, i thought it was worth a try.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
I've shopped with them quite often, and in general, I've been very satisfied. I will say that any deficits they may have compared with some other online retailers are more than made up for by the price difference.

One thing I especially like about them right now is that you can get free U.S. shipping on orders over $100 CDN. With the exchange rate, that limit isn't hard to hit, if I plan ahead. They also have some kind of minimal bonus plan going, where if you're credited $1 for every order of 3+ items, and get an extra bonus when you buy 3 (or 5?) order of 3+ items (sorry if I'm foggy on the details).

Also, I've exchanged e-mails with them a few times lately, and I've found them to be responsive and helpful.

On the down side:

-- They charge your credit card when you place the order, regardless of when items ship. That sucks, period.
-- You can only buy 8 DVDs per order. This may not sound like a big deal, but with free shipping for orders over $100, I'd rather save up a lot of great titles, and buy them all at once to take advantage of the additional shipping savings.
-- They don't take Amex (what can I say? I'm a Membership Rewards junkie!).

They've improved since I started shopping with them, and they often beat other retailers (e.g., those listed through dvdpricesearch.com) by a ridiculous amount (it's not atypical to find a $2-4 difference from the next-lowest vendor). So, I think they'd be worth a try.

$0.02,

-- Bob

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I just received my first-ever order from DVDSoon -- the Smallville DVD -- and I'm happy. Shipping takes a little longer, but as long as it gets here, I'm satisfied.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
The only thing to add here is that sometimes Canadian DVDs differ slightly in packaging. The "Traffic: Criterion" DVD released in Canada had some additional studio logos on the cover (Alliance), but the actual disc was the same as the US version.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
We watched Smallville tonight. Pretty cool DVD. An interactive map that gives a little more insight into the lay of the land, a couple of deleted scenes. Film itself is 1.85.1. Great 5.1 surround. Definite great buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks