What's new

Dealers That Offer Financing (1 Viewer)

Seam Dempsy

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for online stores that offer at least 6-month financing fro speaker systems. I was going to go through Best Buy but because my Dad just started a new job he was not approved. So, I was looking for some other options. I already know of SonyStyle and Crutchfield(didnt have what I was looking for).

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
Seam, You're only 17 why don't you try picking up some extra hours at work, cut back on your spending and saving your money to buy the speakers you want. I'm sure that you could have them home by June or sooner if you really want them.
Free financing offers are very seductive they bring people in to the stores and get the product out but the reality is that they are also very dangerous for consumers. Generally the six month term means you have six months to pay off the debt or else you will be back charged all the interest that has acrrued in that period and normally it is at a pretty high rate usually in excess of 21% and it is compounded to boot so you end up paying interest on the interest.
Ultimately paying cash will be the best and cheapest option and I think you'll find the speakers will sound much better knowing that they have no strings attached.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
I love the 6, 12 or 18 months same as cash. Free money for the duration and I have never paid any interest. Add that to a sale and it doesn't get any better.

Oh, and Seam, if Best Buy didn't approve you none of the online vendors will either. They all use the same credit services, Experian, etc.

Simon Ngan

Stunt Coordinator
I take advantage of these 6/12 months no payment, no interest offers. However, I do understand the danger of not having the money when the payment is due.

My problem is I can't save enough up front, but this way, I just need to make sure I can put aside the money and I won't be in trouble. I do pay off each term before it's due so I'm always winning in this game :)

On the other hand, it's a dangerous thing too since you can get whatever you want NOW and worry about them later. What happen if something happens later?

I tend of pay off each 6/12 month term before I start with the next. This way, I'm not going out of control. Bad thing is when I'm out of debt, I always like to celebrate by buying something else, thus bringing me into debt again :)

Simon

Seam Dempsy

Stunt Coordinator
I was approved for Sony Systems and currently am making substantial payments on my TV. I could just save up the money but I lack patience. I want it now and I know I can pay it off. I wanted to have the speaker system no later than St. Patricks Day(for no other reason then I am Irish and its a reasonable goal to make). Id actually have the speakers easily payed off in 4 months no matter what plan I got(6,12 or 18 month), so there isnt any danger of paying interest.

And Ive got 4 days before I am actually 17. :D

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I'm rather young too, but my rule is that I never buy what I can't immediately pay for. Even if I'm charging it, I make sure I can pay for it.

You'll develop patience if you take this hobby seriously. There is an awful lot of auditioning and stuff that needs to be done to make an informed choice. It took me quite a number of months to decide what speakers to get. And I'm still debating what to do about new amplification, and am not close to a solution.

Besides, limiting yourself to dealers that offer financing limits your overall selection.

Seam Dempsy

Stunt Coordinator
Ill have patience when upgrading. Right now, I just want a decent system(now! :D ) to last me 3 or 4 years before Im in an apartment at college and can fit a bigger TV and a bigger surround sound system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks