Deal on Simon & Garfunkel at BMG Music

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Marty M, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I just got the 3 disc set, Collected Works by Simon & Garfunkel for $2.39, plus shipping and handling. This set includes all the songs in their first 5 albums.

There are no bonus tracks like the newer released 5 disc set, but is a real bargain, even after paying $6.77 additional for shipping and handling charges.

2. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

Best buy still has their box sets (the 5 cd set) and Old Friends (3 cds) for $29.99 & free ship.

Does this BMG deal require signing up and buying a number of cds?

3. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Yes, but this is also available as a free CD for joining the club. I believe you only have to buy one CD to fulfil your commitment for the club.

4. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

I am amazed at the deals BMG has had lately (and my wallet is a lot lighter as a result). Most recently, they had unlimited $4.99 single CDs and free shipping on all orders over $30. Before that, it was 70% off multi-disc sets and boxed sets with free shipping.

I've never seen free shipping at BMG before--their laughably inflated shipping is why I rarely order any CDs after my enrollment is up. After all, 70% off a five-disc set ain't much of a deal when you pay $15 to ship it! [​IMG]

If BMG keeps the free shipping and low prices, I'll make them my music seller of choice.

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I usually order from them when I get the "60% off and free shipping" notices in my e-mail. They have a deal like that every couple of months or so. I've gotten some serious bargains on multi-disc opera sets that are otherwise tough to find at reasonable prices.