What's new

Deadwood Season 2 dvd?? (1 Viewer)

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that it would be great to have this title. My guess is that it will be timed to be released with the start of the next season, but I have no real data.

Would also love to get the second season of Carnivale.

- michael :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The third season of Deadwood starts in June (after The Sopranos ends its year) so HBO will probably wait until closer to that time to release the S2 DVD. That way the DVD and the season premiere cross promote each other.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4594

And by the way, Deadwood already got renewed for a fourth season. Not bad for a show that hasn't aired its third season yet! :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Guys, the 5.1 audio on Deadwood season 2 is completly messed, at least on the copy I have. The opening song sounds like shit, and the song that plays over the closing credits is missing. It's there in the Dolby Surround track, and the tracks in other languages, but not on the 5.1 track. The audio during the episode sounds okay, though it's a bit quiet.

I've tried contacting HBO about it, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Gord

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator
Oh boy!?!? I hope this is an isolated problem. I have had plans obviously to snag S2 next week for a while now. Let us know there Gord if you hear anything back, PLEASE!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately I don't see how it could be. I'm watching the finished set, not check discs (which could change with finished product). I'm listening to the Dolby Surround tracks because the 5.1 sucks so bad.

Gord

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Now I can buy it and hope for the best and then have to get a replacement copy.

Gord, is the same problem on all the discs?

Begin "HBO cancelled Deadwood and now they're ruining the DVDs" conspiracy posts. :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'm on Disc 3 and it's been the same problem on each one, yes.

Deadwood is cancelled? I didn't realize that :frowning:

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I spoke to HBO and someone in their production department has checked the set and said they couldn't find any problems with it. They're going to overnight me another set so I can check it out for my review. Seems strange that my copy is messed and their's isn't, but I guess anything is possible. I'll let you know what I find out, but it may not be until Tuesday (I'm going away for the weekend with my girlfriend - she's getting spoiled).

Gord

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I've been intrigued about this series but it's way out of my price range for only 10-12 episodes per season. With the sets priced at $100 for 10-12 episodes, I just wish there were more content added to the sets. Hopefully, Target will be dropping the price on the First Season sets soon enough.

I've noticed that Target, where I work has began dropping prices ona lot of shows. From Seinfeld, down from $39.99 to $32.99 to price drops down to $29.99 on Everybody Loves Raymond, down to $54.99 on The Sopranos. I hope the prices on Deadwood Season 1 drops down to about $50 on Season 1.

Terry H

Second Unit
Looks to me like the third season is shot and soon to air and the fourth season is cancelled. What that means to me is there will never be any satisfactory conclusion to the series. That pretty much kills any interest I had in purchasing the program.

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
Gord,

Just got my copy of the R1 DVD set and all seems to be OK with the audio on the first episode. Opening title seems OK and music is there over the closing credits.

Waiting to get home tonight to watch this sucker...!

CK

Craig*P

Auditioning
Also received my copy of this today. Checked the first disc and all seems well. The audio on the opening credits is fine and the closing credits songs are intact. Dialogue within the episodes is not muffled. This supports the reviews by DVD Talk and IGN that were posted over the weekend. Can't wait to get into this set properly.

Craig.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks