What's new

Deadwood on Blu in Fall (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Until now, the only thing Blu about Deadwood was the language, but now those cocksuckers at HBO are going to make me trade my goddamn DVD season sets in before I've even watched them, because there's no way I'm not owning one of the greatest motherfucking shows to ever air on television in the original HD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Deadwood-complete-series-BD/14002

Moderator - please relocate this to the TV section if you can, and please don't throw me to Wu and his pigs for pissing in the wrong pot.

Flemming.K

Stunt Coordinator
On my most wanted list!!! Just below Mad Men as my top series ever. Those two, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Carnivale, Sons of Anarcy and Life on Mars (UK) are best series in last decade.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I had to chuckle at Wayne's original post. Very crass, but definitely in the spirit of DEADWOOD.

First, now 7 years later, I will move this thread to the correct forum now discovering it for the first time.

I think I mentioned this elsewhere....

I was treated to several visits to the set of Private Practice when it was being filmed at Raleigh Studios (across from Paramount). I really need to thank HTF member and reviewer Kevin Koster for that opportunity.

On one of the visits, the director of DEADWOOD was directing an episode of Private Practice. I got to meet and tell him what a huge fan I was of that series.

He told me he was disappointed that HBO ended it abruptly, as he had planned to finish the series off by burning down the entire town.

Just a little tidbit that I wanted to include here.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Fantastic News! I should watch Deadwood for a second time before this airs.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I swear I just saw Swearengen on an HBO promo, along with Bullock. Halla-fucking-luhah!

Coincidentally, I just finished reading a new biography of Wild Bill Hickock that details his final days in Deadwood. He was no fan or dear friend of Calamity Jane, but she does lie beside him in the cemetary there. Also, he died in 1876 shortly after Custer's Last Stand, and the town of Deadwood burned to the ground in 1879, so I wonder when this movie takes place. If the characters are all ten years older, along with the town, it would have to be after the town was rebuilt. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks