What's new

Deadwood: "Bullock Returns to The Camp" (1 Viewer)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Another great episode.

This show has been so solid. The scene with with Jane and the other guy(his name slips me now) at Bill's grave was heartbreaking.

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
The Powers Boothe character continues to solidify his position as the most evil person in camp.

The twist(s) regarding the young brother and sister team were mildly surprising, and certainly took the dark edge off the girl's initial transformation.

Quite a "To-do" list is developing for Swearingen...

Overall, the characters are convincingly real and compelling - a real treat.

-Steve

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Another great episode I agree. The Sopranos before it was amazing as well. Great night of television!

Anyone know how many episodes are left? Does it run new along with the Sopranos for the entire season?

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
Only 5 episodes left over six weeks I believe

Heres a complete episode list

Season 1
1. 1-1 21-Mar-2004 Deadwood
2. 1-2 28-Mar-2004 Deep Water
3. 1-3 04-Apr-2004 Reconnoitering the Rim
4. 1-4 11-Apr-2004 Here Was a Man
5. 1-5 18-Apr-2004 The Trial of Jack McCall
6. 1-6 25-Apr-2004 Plague
7. 1-7 02-May-2004 Bullock Returns To The Camp
8. 1-8 09-May-2004 Suffer The Little Children
9. 1-9 16-May-2004 No Other Sons Or Daughters
10. 1-10 23-May-2004 Mister Wu
11. 1-11 06-Jun-2004 Jewel's Boot Is Made For Walking
12. 1-12 13-Jun-2004 Sold Under Sin

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Swearingen is quickly becoming one of my favorite TV characters ever. Every scene he's in is gold. Any conversation he has with EB is hysterical. All the conversations with the kid last night about turning out his sister. It must be a treat as an actor to have such a great character to play. Oh and the scene with him and Bullock in his office. Awesome! Great show.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I agree. Swearingen is solid gold and McShane deserves an emmy. He's gone from solidly hateful to utterly hilarious, and continues to tread back and forth with ease.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I agree on your guy's thoughts on Al, he is just great. He is very smart, educated, and a complete @sshole, with idiots all around him.

Great show.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
This show is awesome. Sunday night with the Sopranos and Deadwood back to back is just great tv. I really like the Bullock and Al characters...they really pull you in. I've been raving about this show to friends, coworkers, and family...and others are joining on board. Hopefully enough keep watching and joining to keep this show around for a few seasons.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I lost my HBO today. :frowning: Someone at Comcast screwed up and as usual we pay for it. I am getting Digital cable /w HBO for $30/month for 6 months. The guy last week that I called said it expired in June. I said fine after Deadwood I'll cancel digital cable (can't afford it). I called today for an issue with my bill and they said no it ends on 5/5. :frowning: So alas I have to miss the rest of one of the best shows on TV.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Mcshane is Simply great but the entire cast is gold alot of Western Vetrans I mean come on Brad Dourif and William Sanderson alone, throw in Mcshane and Powers Booth Yikes. And Robin Weigert who plays Jane is a find and Timothy Olyphant is a good rock solid Center. HBO Has a hit on it's hand. I'm a sucker for a good Western. This went to my must Own DVD Set when it coming out?

Oh Yeah Wild Bill was great while he lasted too !

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I love when Charlie asked Jane if he could come back and talk to Bill. :laugh:

I hope Bullock and Garrett don't hook up, or if they do, that it's brief. Eventually, Bullock's wife does come to Deadwood.

Interesting that Sol has a thing for Trixie. Now there's a cat who doesn't judge people.

Besides all the great characters you guys are praising, I really enjoy the reverend. Annoying, yes, but entertaining. And it's always cool when Grimer Wormtongue makes an appearance.

I was surprised the guy that was left to die in the woods didn't cause some serious shit when he came back to that saloon. Or maybe he will later.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

True, but would she convert for him? ;)

Seriously, the acting on this show is just great. If it doesn't get a few Emmy nods for acting. Then the Emmy's are a joke.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I agree. The Al character is just amazing. I am rolling when he is on screen.

This show just gets better and better. I look forward to Sunday nights on HBO all week.

Several of my friends who come over to watch the Sopranos now also watch Deadwood after I raved about it for weeks.

(lucky for them, I DVRed all the episodes.)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I agree with all of the comments as to ‘what a great series’.

My son and I were discussing this after the first couple of episodes, and we both think that Deadwood has to be viewed as a series: it is not simply a show where you can drop in and out as to individual episodes. Which seems to be the case with a good many HBO series now. They require the viewer to be a bit patient, as you won’t necessarily get a payoff in any particular episode. Some things just ferment in the background and perhaps are only alluded to.

Patience is the key to this.

Great stuff.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I agree you have to watch them all in order. I keep raving about the show to people, but I say wait until it starts to rerun from the beginning. It's worth it.

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
Heres a short synopsis of the next episode

episode 8, "Suffer the Little Children"

Deadwood breathes easier when riders arrive with precious vaccine and word of a possible treaty with the Sioux. A pragmatic Swearengen resists counsel from a bloody-minded Farnum while also anticipating Trixie's return; in light of Bullock's assay of her gold claim, Alma is moved to reassess her plans and sets up a confrontation between Bullock and Swearengen; and Tolliver teaches Stubbs a deadly lesson at the expense of a couple of con artists.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks