1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DEADWOOD Amazing

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by ErichH, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Matthew_S

Matthew_S Second Unit

It might help if there was a thread for episode 6...[​IMG]

2. CurtM

CurtM Extra

I think the interest in Deadwood is growing very fast. It's not for everyone though. Deadwoodfans.net grew by 50 members just last night. They have a thread for each episode. I find that it is more useful that way and has more structure and freedom since it is just for Deadwood.

Curt

3. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

I was just reading some of the history of the town. It's cool how they are sticking close to what actually happened. If I read correctly

the preacher guy is going to die

I knew so little I didn't even know about

Wild Bill's death

I also read that

the guy who killed Wild Bill eventually goes on trial elsewhere after leaving Deadwood. I don't know what the show will do with this. I mean he's not killed by Bullock.

4. Matthew_S

Matthew_S Second Unit

I liked how we got to see a lighter side of Swearingen last night (and even a little compassionate)...after the first couple of episodes i began to wonder how he could stay alive long enough if he was such a total psychopath. Everyone would want him dead.

5. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

Every week gets more quotables from Swearingen - last night's
    `better be a payin' dwarf under there' killed the room at my place. Too Good!

I don't know how much milage they can get out of the history, but you know there's gonna be a big demand for this one to keep going.

BTW - William Sanderson is EB Farnum / the inkeeper - I remember him most from BladeRunner - Right!
    E

6. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Seth is a "just" person to the extreme. So he would try to do the right thing, even if he felt differently about it.

This is why the Doc is just as wary of Seth as he is of Swearingen.

7. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Very true. What I mean is that I wish they started the show a little earlier in the town's history, maybe when Al or Wild Bill first came into the town.

Does anyone know if, other than Wild Bill and Calamity Jane, the other characters are historical? Would make a great wrap to the show to have the descendents still living in Deadwood meet with the actors who play in the show.

8. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

9. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Well they could go all the way up until the big town fire of 1899, but that's 13 years after what they're doing now. Maybe if they skip some time between seasons?

10. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

It does start when Wild Bill comes to town. Another great Swearingen line from Sunday night: "You could have just said 'Amen'" after the Reverend has his seizure.