What's new

DEADWOOD Amazing (1 Viewer)

ErichH

Screenwriter
Where's the string for DEADWOOD!! Go&%#mm8t This is eating the Sapranos for lunch. More going on in 1 episode that half a season.

Jane was back tonight with the mouth. `Be Brief........Be F^&@ed!!

There are so many quotable lines each week, it's amazing.

E

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
No show gets a sticky. The level of interest determines whether it stays at the top or not. If one show got a sticky then so could hundreds of others just because a group loves a certain show.

I'm a big fan of Deadwood though I think they took out Wild Bill
too early in the show. Would have been nice to have him around for another season or so.

So far the level of interest for Deadwood has been mysteriously low. Considering the quality of characters and the writing it surprises me too.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Given that he was killed within 2 weeks of coming to Deadwood for real, I found that appropriate for the show. It has made me start reading about that time periond :)

I like the show as well, on par or better than this season of the Sopranos for me...

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
I watch both The Soprano's and Deadwood on Sunday night and have found Deadwood to be more appealing lately.

Seth definitely has a mean streak in him as shown by the viciousness of his attack. Looks like him and Charlie ride together to get "droopy".

Seth's partner Sol, being present at the meeting to discuss the plague was interesting, in real life he was definitely a pillar of the community and it looks like his stock is rising in the town, "How's business?", "Brisk!".

Great to see Jane is going to help the doctor, as that too did happen in real life. I think beneath that foul exterior there is the heart of an angel in there. She does genuinely care for people she likes even if she has a hard time showing or expressing it.

Interesting is Powers Booth character, he may look more refined or more charming than Swearengen, but make no mistake he is just as or more ruthless than Al.

Great show - Great series.

Jason Boucher

Stunt Coordinator
I'll second my interest. Also, I've been to Deadwood. It is a great little hidden secret. Still a gambling town in the Black Hills, though touristy. Even visited the graves of Wild Bill and Calamity Jane.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
This is my favorite show in TV by far, and I'm a big fan of 24 and Sopranos as it is (actually, that pretty much covers all my TV viewing :) ).

Why did they put the dead Indian on those sticks?

I was impressed with Swearingen's leadership in organising the handling of the smallpox outbreak. Though we know he doesn't actually care about people and he's doing it for business, his greed will save the town.

"Free gratis":laugh:

Jim Meeks

Grip

IIRC, Charlie told Seth that was the Indian's way to the afterlife. "Above ground, facing west." Instead of burying him.

Another great ep, again better than the Sopranos.

Interesting to see the outbreak of "plague," and how it will be handled.

ErichH

Screenwriter
Incredible acting by the entire cast. I had no idea HBO could do so much with a western(of sorts) and give it depth with real history.

E

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

As stated above as a show of respect to a great warrior..& the Reason those sticks were there in the first place was that the Indian that Seth killed was preparing his "Headless Buddy" (remember him? )for burial when Seth happened by ..Which is why he attacked him in the first place.

Best show I've seen in a long time ...maybe ever :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Only 4 more episodes this season argh

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
Heres a short synopsis on the next Episode...fairly big spoilers ..you've been warned

episode 7, "Bullock Returns to the Camp"

After tracking down a murderer, Bullock returns to Deadwood a changed man (as well as a marked one). Utter must pay final respects to a fallen friend. Dority and Stubbs take special interest when two teenagers arrive in camp in search of their father, and find work at a rival saloon. Calamity Jane earns her moniker in the Pest Tent; Swearengen sees through Trixie's latest subterfuge; and Alma remains cold on Farnum's inappropriately advanced bid on her claim.

PatD

Grip
As much as I like this show, I had a problem with the Indian burial. This show takes place shortly after the Indians massacred Custer at the Battle of the Little Bighorn. The sentiment of the white people at that time was heavily against the Indians. Although Seth seems to be an honorable person, I doubt that he would be so respectful of traditional Indian burial rites. Just my opinion.

PatD

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator
BTW, I loved the way Swearingen (sp?) was so excited about his contributions to the article. He was like a little kid, showing off what he'd added... :D

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
This show is fantastic. The scene with the meeting to discuss the plague, and the scene where they write up the article were so well written. Al helping out with the article and then reading later was very funny. The casting was so well done. The characters, the acting, why isn't this show getting more talk/respect? The guy from Newhart as the innkeeper. He's perfect.

I don't know the history. Which characters are based on real people and which are made up? Are any made up?

How many uses of the word cocksucker in one episode is too many? :D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
PatD, Seth wanted to take the time to dig a hole to bury the Indian, so if he had that much respect for someone who shot his horse and knocked him in the head, then I can believe that he would have just enough more respect to follow the Indian's burial tradition as Utter suggested.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

The Sopranos gets a sticky (for at least the first few days after the new episode airs). It's the only show that does.

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

Al ,Jane,Sol Star,Seth,Charlie,Wild Bill,Jack McCall,Rev Smith are All based on real life characters Theres some great reading about them HERE but beware possible spoilers

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
This is quickly becoming my favorite show on television as well. The characters are just tremendous.

OT

KyleC

Supporting Actor
How many episodes until the finale? I'm getting a great deal on HBO/Digital cable but it runs out in the beginning of June. After that I can't afford it, but I really want to see how it ends this season.

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
As Far as I know there is Only 4 left (10 in total -first season) so the last would be shown on May 23rd

Edit ..Ok doing a little more checking on this I found by downloading HBO's schedule that Deadwood is on Hiatus May 30 but it also has an ad for the Deadwood Finale in June so this leads me to believe there is probably 12 episodes ..not 10 which is more logical (renewed for another 12 next season)

Edit again ..More checking
Episode 11 is on june 6th
Episode 12 is on june 13th -Finale

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks