What's new

Deadwood 2nd Season (1 Viewer)

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Silas remarked that Yankton was astir about Bullock, on speculation that he was well liked by the Montana power structure. Rumors that Bullock, when he lived in Montana, was slated for political advancement. Possiblity that Bullock was a plant by the Montana political structure to oversee the incorporation of Deadwood. Not sure of the geography, but the conversation suggested that Deadwood situated where it could be incorporated by Montana or South Dakota. Bullock may be there to make sure Deadwood [and it's riches] are incorporated by Montana.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Anyone have a bead on his beef with Joanie's establishment from a business perspective? Pretty clear that his concerns were with Joanie's operation "at the front of the camp, with no hidden entrance for customers" were of a nature of it ruining commerce in the camp. Followed up with his remark that The Bella Union was "set up perfectly for what this camp will become." And Joanie's, by comparison, was not.

CharlesD

Screenwriter

Well I'm no expert on the bordello industry but I thought his drift was that if Joanie was going to run a "high class" joint she'd need a discreet entrance for her "high class" customers who may not want it generally known they were visiting a house of ill repute. Just who that might be in Deadwood is a different matter, certainly not Hizzoner the Mayor. Although the way the camp is growing there will no doubt soon be pillar of the community types there who wouldn't be seen dead in the Gem, Bella Union or Nutall's #10.

Got love Calamity Jane! her story about the Finnish suitor was hysterical.

Al is going to give himself an ulcer worrying over Bullock's secret agenda. Will he ever come to terms that Bullock is just there to make some money in the hardware bidness?

CharlesD

Screenwriter
There's a good cartoon in the latest New Yorker: Its a roadside direction sign with a big arrow pointing to one side. On the sign it says:

D E A D W O O D
25 XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXing Miles

(where the Xs are blacked out text).

:laugh:

Matthew_S

Second Unit
anyone know what the closing credit song was? HBO doesn't have it on their site yet....or last week's (though that was a Dylan song called "not dark yet")....

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
great episode. Cy is really losing his shite and he is going to erupt really soon. Jane's joke was a riot...I could not stop laughing. It is funny to see Alma turn into a highschool girl with her jumping to conclusions and reading into every little thing that Bullock does. Seeing a more emotional side of Dan was great and poor Slippery Dan should have kept his mouth shut.

The best part for me was Sol drunk and letting his feelings out instead of holding them in. What a great moment.

CharlesD

Screenwriter

Poor Dan, he was all upset about not being Al's #1 sidekick/thug! I loved the almost hug between Al & Dan after Al soothed Dan's fractured ego.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I never realized that Dan was Cameron Diaz's retarded brother from Something About Mary. Talk about your great character actors! :)

"Have you seen my baseball?"

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I also just realized that the new character Maddie (who is working with Joanie on the new bordello) is The Borg Queen from Star Trek. Now every second she is on the screen, I just see her as the Borg Queen.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
[/quote]I also just realized that the new character Maddie (who is working with Joanie on the new bordello) is The Borg Queen from Star Trek. Now every second she is on the screen, I just see her as the Borg Queen.[/quote]

Great! Then one day she will assimilate Jane and then.....
"Resistance is futile...Cocksuckers!" :D

RobertW

Supporting Actor
so was slippery dan played by the same guy who was hickok's killer last season? he sure didn't get to stay around too ong this year, either.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Anyone else notice that Alma Garret's maid is played by Sarah Paulson (who played Merlyn Temple in the fabulous American Gothic)? :)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Anyone else notice that Alma Garret's maid is played by Sarah Paulson (who played Merlyn Temple in the fabulous American Gothic)?"

Ms Isringhausen I think is her name.

And yes, I noticed right away:)

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
Is anyone else starting to get really sick of Alma? I am... I wanted to slap her this whole episode. I feel bad for the tutor lady.

One of my favorite moments tonight was the drunken exchange between Trixie and Jane... Jane was hilarious here. "Sure is a mighty fine evening we're havin'!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks