What's new

Deadwood 2nd Season (2 Viewers)

Matthew_S

Second Unit

Doesn't look like she'll be around for long, though..."i'm back in camp...because i'm dyyyyin"....man, i think i hear that in my sleep from seeing the preview so much. Great post Mary, by the way....great points/ideas...

RickGr

Second Unit
I almost rolled off the couch laughing when Al, lying bloodied in the street looked up at the stagecoach and said "Welcome to fucking Deadwood".

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
"Welcome to f-ing Deadwood." - classic

Gotta love how you can shoot a guy (or two) and not even get a visit from the sheriff, though it looked like Al's buddys were thinking Seth might come to see them. Guess they'd already set up that some killing was ok in Deadwood with the guy that got shot in the bar after his buddy sent him in with his coat for a joke.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I believe Sy is eviler than Al. Al is mean and bad for a reason..business. Cy is sadistic and takes pleasure from causing pain. For example, when Al was about to kill Seth with the knife and then stopped when he saw the kid watching. Cy wouldn't have blinked an eye and killed Seth.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Al is bad with an internal moral code of his own.

Sy is pure Psychopath with no moral code.

Sy / Psy(chopath) - coincidence? I think not. ;)

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Funniest scene,
when the stagecoach goes roaring by Calamity. She yells out coc* suck*** then collaspes onto her horse. Laughed my a** off.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I loved...

Al "Touch me EB and Ill put your nose through your fucking brain"

Al "Or, with you at her ear – among other points of entry...."

Bullock "But I’m telling both of you, watch it!"

The dialogue in this show is amazing. I loved the whole conversation with Al, Silas and Dan.

FrankMo

Auditioning
hi new here!

If you have the DVDs of season one available, the last episode has a commentary track with both Ian McShane and Tim Olyphant, they are hilarous to listen to, and the talk about the voice impersonations McShane does of the mayor a bit.

So far loving the new season, already a few conflicts set up in the first episode, including bullock and his 'new' wife.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

Jon, since you're good with remembering dialogue from the show. What was the line Al said as Bullock was passing below? Something to the tune of

"All he cares about is ***(something)***, her sn**ch (pointing at Alma), and that f*cking badge!"

It's killing me that I can't remember!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Horror is you’re fucking right! He don’t know if it’s breathing or taking it in through fucking gills. He is that fucking cunt-struck. They’re afloat in some fairy fucking bubble, lighter than air—him, her snatch and his stupid fucking badge."

Theres transcripts of each show here...

http://members.aol.com/chatarama/

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
A Lie Agreed Upon Part 2 -

Pretty interesting episode,
The dynamics of Al's and Dan's relationship were explored a little bit more.

Seth and Alma's relationship could be in trouble, and Seth and his "wife" is interesting.
Trixie is becoming a stronger character, definitely becoming more devoted to Sol.

As usual Jane is hilarious, I love her scenes between Doc and Charlie.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I liked Al's reference to Preacher Smith.

Saying he'd been found in the hills murdered(which is what history says).

Nice touch.Good episode.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Re: the bundling board. Quite the opposite. Bundling boards were erected to separate a couple in a bed, so they could sleep in the same bed and talk, but not . . .

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks John for correcting me - I found a good description of the board on a web site:
Sometimes a "bundling board" was used. The board was placed down the middle of the bed as a precaution. Parents may also have tied a girl's legs together as another precaution. A couple would do this with full knowledge, approval and even encouragement of the parents involved. This custom was preferred rather than sneaking and lying behind the backs of parents. It seemed that during this time lying and secrecy was the greater concern among parents.

I posted it so that anyone else who is unclear what it is can have a better understanding. It also makes more sense now, because of Seth going upstairs with his wife.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
"Limey..Cocksucker!" -Jane is the funniest.

I missed a bit of the middle. The reason Al gives in and makes peace with Seth had something to do with him being from Montana?? Can someone fill me in?

Thanks!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Todd, I believe that Yankton (the 'government') thinks that Bullock is in Deadwood on behalf of Montana looking to annex the camp (and gold) to their state. Yankton doesn't want to anger Montana so they don't want Bullock to be killed. And Al wants to keep Yankton happy so he gives in. I think that's pretty correct but I'm sure a smarter person could come up with a better and more accurate answer to your question. :)

Seeing Dan 'hurt' by Al's favoring of (in his eyes) Adams was really interesting. It gave Dan something more to do than just be the enforcer and tough guy for Al.

Calamity Jane stole the episode. Between her getting tangled in the saddle and all her insults shouted outside the Gem. And I loved Jane's comment to Sol about "Hardware Jew at half power. Now they're shaking in their boots" was hilarious.

Cy is a complete maniac. It's like he's become unhinged since Eddie and Joanie bailed on him. I have a feeling that Cy is going to just crack up soon and do something really messed up.

And R.I.P. Slippery Dan. We hardly knew ye...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks