What's new

Deadwood 2nd Season (2 Viewers)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I usually watch each episode 3 times a week.

Sunday in HD, monday repeat and again later in the week in HD again.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
What makes this show so good is the "B" storyline. Which is Nutall's bike. A nice touch was showing how everyone reacted to his bike ride. Even, Wolcott seemed to crack a smile. I guess in such a harden town the uniqueness of this new contraption was a pleasant break from the hardships of the town.

Matthew_S

Second Unit

This was a good moment. Speaking of smiling, i was shocked when Al laughed when talking to the Russian telegraph guy. I think that was the first time Al has even smiled on this show! I wouldn't have even known he had teeth if this hadn't happened...well that, and i've seen Ian McShane on talk shows and he laughs and stuff.

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else catch Robin Weigert on CSI last night? I kept waiting for the inevitable "Cocksucker!", to come out of her mouth. Seriously it was interesting to see her play a different part, the only time I have seen her, other than Jane, was as "pioneer woman" in Angels In America.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I saw that episode. I had heard her on one of the commentaries on the Deadwood DVDs so I knew what she sounded like but it was still kinda weird to hear her speak without the Calamity Jane voice. That and the constant drunkness and cursing:)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Interesting. On the HBO discussion board "mrwu" (Keone Young) said:

Also did I imagine it, or in the promo aired after the last epeisode they had a clip of Al saying "Welcome to Deadwood" instead of "Welcome to fucking Deadwood" as originaly aired?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I know exactly what you're talking about cause I recognized it too. They just use that clip for their ads. I guess they do it so if you're tuning into to see Space Jam with your kids, you don't hear a Deadwoood ad say 'fuck'. They did the same thing when the season started. They had the majority of that line spoken over another shot until after the 'fucking' part. Then they cut to Al when he finished saying "Deadwood".

Hope this made sense.:)

I think Deadwood in syndication will be the funniest thing ever. I assume they are just replacing the really hard curse words (words that begin with F and C) and leaving the rest in.

CharlesD

Screenwriter

Ah ha! Al's "welcome to Deadwood" was with him on camera all the time. Maybe thats how they'll do the syndication version, when one character is speaking and previously they were on camera saying a word the FCC would not approve of, we'll just see a reaction shot of the other character (e.g. Seth grinding his teeth) and hear the alternative, "F" and "C" word free dialog. Maybe they even did more scenes like the "welcome to Deadwood" one where its the other way round ("clean" version with character on screen, other version with them off).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Crazy as it sounds, I look forward to seeing a little bit of an edited version for humor's sake.

Sorta like that TV version vs. Uncut version comparison on the Scarface DVD. "Did you get that scar eating pineapple?" :)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Interesting episode. ALOT happened in the last 10 mins and I cannot wait for next week. I will have more late when I have sobeed up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The scene where Wolcott deliberately antagonizes Mose to get rid of him was great!

And as always, it's funny when E.B. get insulted. This time Ms. Isringhausen told him to "Fuck off."

They gave Nuttall more screen time. Course that didn't work out to well for poor William. What show besides Deadwood would have a kid be greviously injured?

Doc Cochran was MIA.

Next week's episode looks great too:)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
The last 10 minutes last night was probably the best use of music to set the mood that I have seen in a long time. It just kept building and building in the background in ominous increments that made it nearly impossible for me to look away. I was sitting there thinking, "damn, if the music is getting this dark, something pretty big must be approaching" and while it was involving a character I didn't expect, it was none the less worthy of the mood music.

todd stone

Screenwriter
I totally expected it to be the kid with the ending music, but it was great to see Bullock look out the window and just walk out.

I am sure we will see a lot of the doc next episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks