1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Zone Season 2 mail-in rebate

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dan Rudolph, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

This set has a mail-in rebate when you buy seasons one and two. However, this requires original cash register receipts for both and I already sent in my original receipt to get the pilot. I'm sure this has happened to many of the rest of you.

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Me too. Universal did the right thing with the L&O rebate. You just needed the upc/proof-of-purchase tab, one reciept and the rebate form. This stinks.

3. MattGSmith

MattGSmith Stunt Coordinator

I hate those stupid rebate offers. Especially when they ask for the UPC and that requires you to cut it out of the cover box. (Dead Zone for example) Who wants a hole in the back of the box? I think company's do that on purpose because they know a lot of people won't want to ruin their packaging to send it in.
    However, I do the rebates with the Friends DVDs because Warner has perforated proof of purchase tabs you can tear out without harming the packaging...

[​IMG]
    Matt

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Also, it calls for a proof of purchase tab and there doesn't seeem to be one.

5. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Yeah, that's what I was trying to figure out. For anyone who's done it, do you have to send in the UPC instead. Too bad with all those folds, they didn't follow WB's example and supply multiple proof of purchase tabs.

Also, for anybody who did the Pilot thing, I'm confused. The first two episodes seem to be the pilot that I bought separately before the season sets came out.

Is there ANOTHER pilot? Is it an alternate version or what?

6. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Yes, it's the original version of the pilot. It's mostly the same, but has a different ending and a few cast changes.

7. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    There is another pilot. Two of the characters were different. Micheal Moriarty(sp?) played the Rev. Purdy character now played by David Odgen Stiers. The reporter was also played by another actress - can't remember who though.

The scenes play out unchanged. I heard Moriarty's version of the Reverend was darker, more mysterious. BTW the mail in offer for that pilot has expired I believe.