What's new

DEAD ZONE complete 1st season in November (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Complete Season will be $49.95 once discounted this is an incredible deal.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
From DVDfile.com:

The Dead Zone: The Complete First Season on June 17th. Each episode is presented in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, and extras include interviews with series creators Michael and Shawn Piller and cast and crew, and in-depth tour of the visual effects, and special collector's packaging. Retail is $49.95.

BarrieT

Auditioning
The first season just began airing in January here. I thought the opener was too similar to the movie with Walken; after that it's been about 50-50. It's too bad they resolved the question of the reverend's part in the death of Johnny's mother so quickly; I was hoping Ogden Stiers' character was going to be played slimey to the max.

I haven't read King's novel; can anyone comment on how closely the series mirrors the novel? Would that be a good/bad thing?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hi Barrie. I'm watching it as well for the first time. It's a rather interesting twist so far. The Walken movie mirrored the book pretty closely so that should be your barometer.

As far good or bad - tough to stay - it's just a different take. A series dilutes the potentcy of the main conflict. This hasn't even been broached in the series yet. Though I understand it will.

I'm enjoying this spin on it myself.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I might have to sell the pilot movie which I have'nt even watched yet if it's inclueded. I like the fact that they established the characters first before they got into the running Arc. You had to care about them first before yo can care about the Armegeddon plot

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
All 13 episodes are included. I don't know if the commentary will be though.
Release date: June 17, 2003
Number of DVDs: 4
- Disc #1:Episodes 1-3
- Disc #2:Episodes 4-6
- Disc #3:Episodes 7-9
- Disc #4:Episodes 10-13
Features:
-Interviews with Michael and Shawn Piller
-Behind-The-Scenes Interviews with cast, crew and creators
-In-depth tour of the Dead Zone's visual effects
-Special Collector's packaging

Pre-Order Here

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, since episodes #1 and #2 are what make up the existing DVD, and those are duplicated on disc #1 of the new set, then now's the time to sell off the old disc before the Season 1 set arrives, eh?

Unless you just have to have the commentary track or the other supplement, the "Johnny Smith Video Diary".

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Out of interest, the show is actually a co-production between Paramount and Lion's Gate. Although Lion's Gate are the one's distributing the DVDs.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Here's some new news about the First Season Collection:

There will be an exclusive mail-away offer for a never-before-seen 2-hour pilot episode included inside every box set.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
From a quick look at the complete set of the first season, I suspect that that the two-hour pilot is the first two episodes of the series, but with a different actress as Dana. There probably are a few more changes as well.

Anyone know any more information or have received their copy?

Neil

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
I hope the unaired pilot is more than just a different actress for Dana. That would be a disappointment. BTW, still awaiting my bonus dvd to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks