1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Wega....HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Zach, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Zach

Zach Agent

The worst thing has happend [​IMG]. My Sony Wega XBR200 has died. It will not power on. I've done all the usual checks...outlet, wires, etc. Nothing will get this set to power up. We were watching it this morning...went shopping and came home to find we were TV-less!
    Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you have to do to get it fixed? What was the expense?
    This set is over 3 years old, so I'm sure I'm out of warranty.
    What can I do? Any other time of the year, this might be a blessing in disguise (a reason to upgrade to widescreen or the 40" Wega XBR)...but I just can't afford to replace my TV during the holiday season.
    Somebody...please send help! [​IMG]
    Zach

2. JeremyX

JeremyX Stunt Coordinator

I think if you do not have an extended warranty you should still call the store from which you bought the TV and ask them what it would cost to have them serivce the TV. And then perhaps call a few other stores just to compare prices.
    Sorry to hear. [​IMG]

3. Zach

Zach Agent

Jeremy...it's funny you should mention, because in my panic looking for warranty/manual etc. I found the original receipt and written on there is the refusal of the "5 year extended warranty". UGH! [​IMG]