Dead RP82, what to do now????

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Lamar, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Lamar

Lamar Auditioning

My RP-82 now has the H-02 error, from what I have read this has something to do with the motor no longer working. What do you guys think I should do now, get it fixed(not sure how much it would cost) or keep the new Samsung HD931. I have watched several movies so far (Monsters Inc., Star Wars II, Fifth Element) and the picture is very nice but a little grainy. Are there any new players out there that can compare to the RP-82? This is my first post so any help would be appreciated.

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Denon DVD-1200 or DVD-2200 would be the new models closest to the RP82. It might cost $100-$150 to fix the RP82.

3. Steve_Cohen

Steve_Cohen Stunt Coordinator

I just sent my RP-82 back to crutchfield to get the same problem fixed and they were unable to get the motor from panasonic so they sent me the Denon-910. I like it but I miss my RP-82.

4. TedS

TedS Agent

Do NOT go through Panasonic Customer Service. I sent my CP72 back for the same problem. Options were:

a) Get it fixed for $60 diagnostic + $90 labor
    b) Pay $90 for a replacement

We chose b), and got Panasonic to refund $45 of that. That was late October/early November. I still don't have a working DVD player from them. First one they sent was a refurbed CP72 that died within one day. Second one was a refurbed F65 that didn't work out of the box. Third one should be arriving this week. And there's a three week wait between each one. The people there don't really care and obviously aren't too careful in what they send out. So, my $0.02: See what support you can get from Crutchfield.

Ted