What's new

Dead RP82, what to do now???? (1 Viewer)

Lamar

Auditioning
My RP-82 now has the H-02 error, from what I have read this has something to do with the motor no longer working. What do you guys think I should do now, get it fixed(not sure how much it would cost) or keep the new Samsung HD931. I have watched several movies so far (Monsters Inc., Star Wars II, Fifth Element) and the picture is very nice but a little grainy. Are there any new players out there that can compare to the RP-82? This is my first post so any help would be appreciated.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Denon DVD-1200 or DVD-2200 would be the new models closest to the RP82. It might cost $100-$150 to fix the RP82.

Steve_Cohen

Stunt Coordinator
I just sent my RP-82 back to crutchfield to get the same problem fixed and they were unable to get the motor from panasonic so they sent me the Denon-910. I like it but I miss my RP-82.

TedS

Agent
Do NOT go through Panasonic Customer Service. I sent my CP72 back for the same problem. Options were:

a) Get it fixed for $60 diagnostic + $90 labor
b) Pay $90 for a replacement

We chose b), and got Panasonic to refund $45 of that. That was late October/early November. I still don't have a working DVD player from them. First one they sent was a refurbed CP72 that died within one day. Second one was a refurbed F65 that didn't work out of the box. Third one should be arriving this week. And there's a three week wait between each one. The people there don't really care and obviously aren't too careful in what they send out. So, my $0.02: See what support you can get from Crutchfield.

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks