Dead Pronto TSU7000

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Ray McCalla, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Ray McCalla

Ray McCalla Auditioning

I've been using my new TSU7000 for a couple of weeks, and it's worked perfectly, until now. I set the remote in it's cradle while I did some minor editing of my .PCF file, but when I hit "Download" I only got an error message that my remote was not connected. I reseated the remote to make sure it had a good connection, and heard the computer making it's "USB device connected" sound, but still "not connected" for the download. I lifted the remote from the cradle again, now noticing that the screen did not illuminate. Pressing buttons also did not wake up the remote.

Replacing the remote in the cradle causes the "charging" lights to come on for a few minutes, then they go back out. I always keep the remote in the cradle when I'm not using it, so the battery stays nearly full.

I tried the Reset button in the battery compartment, but it does nothing. I also took the battery out for a few minutes, which didn't cause any change, either.

The remote seems to be completely dead, except that I do get the "USB connected" sound when I place it in the cradle.

I did update the firmware to V3.0.42.1 a couple of days ago, but I've been using the remote a great deal since then, including many downloads of my configuration-in-progress, and one upload to the computer to extract the codes it learned from some of my other remotes.

Is there anything else I can do to try and bring this thing back to life?

2. Ray McCalla

Ray McCalla Auditioning

Now, this is interesting. I tried to reflash with the same firmware. The program reported that the remote was not responding, but I could choose to proceed with the update. The download completed with no errors, and the remote came back to life.

However, the IR code database seems to have beem wiped out. All of my learned functions work, but none of the built-in codes do anything anymore. The "Brand" button in the Tools menu is also greyed out.

Is there any way to recover or replace the database? The Phillips website doesn't have any help to offer.

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I guess the only thing I can suggest is to head on over to remotecentral.com...that is if u haven't already. Lots of guys in there that could really point u to a solution. I once had a problem quite similar to that with my Pronto and those people out there helped out big time.