What's new

Dead Poets Society (1 Viewer)

JohnVB

Stunt Coordinator
I've looked around and it appears there are no anamorphic versions of this movie on DVD. Anyone know if there are plans to release an anamorphic widescreen version of this movie?

Thanks for any help,

- bones

RodneyT

Stunt Coordinator
Purchased the Region 4 (Australia) version of DPS yesterday, actually. I gave it a spin last night and the crisp, snappy 16x9 transper shines.... plus, a decently atmospheric 5.1 sound mix. Bear in mind, the aspect ratio of DPS is 1.77:1, which may make the image appear full frame when viewed on a widescreen set. it's not, thought. Try obtaining it from ezydvd.com.au, they're one of the biggest distributors here in Australia.

have fun

JohnVB

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if an R1 anamorphic widescreen version of DPS is going to be released soon?

I'm not incredibly knowledgeable on different region'd DVDs. Being in the USA, wouldn't I have to go through a lot of effort to be able to view a region 4 DVD? I don't believe my current DVD player is anything special.

However, I do have a dvd player in my computer, not that I want to watch this on my computer all the time.

- bones

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I have the old LaserDisc and was wondering if theres any Extended Edition (14min extra) currently available in any region?

DanFe

Second Unit
None. I've been looking long and hard for the extended edition in 16x9, but nothing.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I can't even find the laserdisc of the extended edition. There is no DVD of the extended edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks