Dead Poets Society

Discussion in 'DVD' started by JohnVB, May 25, 2004.

1. JohnVB

JohnVB Stunt Coordinator

I've looked around and it appears there are no anamorphic versions of this movie on DVD. Anyone know if there are plans to release an anamorphic widescreen version of this movie?

Thanks for any help,

- bones

2. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

There are in R4 Brazil and Australia, Special Editions too.

3. RodneyT

RodneyT Stunt Coordinator

Purchased the Region 4 (Australia) version of DPS yesterday, actually. I gave it a spin last night and the crisp, snappy 16x9 transper shines.... plus, a decently atmospheric 5.1 sound mix. Bear in mind, the aspect ratio of DPS is 1.77:1, which may make the image appear full frame when viewed on a widescreen set. it's not, thought. Try obtaining it from ezydvd.com.au, they're one of the biggest distributors here in Australia.

have fun

4. JohnVB

JohnVB Stunt Coordinator

Anyone know if an R1 anamorphic widescreen version of DPS is going to be released soon?

I'm not incredibly knowledgeable on different region'd DVDs. Being in the USA, wouldn't I have to go through a lot of effort to be able to view a region 4 DVD? I don't believe my current DVD player is anything special.

However, I do have a dvd player in my computer, not that I want to watch this on my computer all the time.

- bones

5. Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong Supporting Actor

I have the old LaserDisc and was wondering if theres any Extended Edition (14min extra) currently available in any region?

6. DanFe

DanFe Second Unit

None. I've been looking long and hard for the extended edition in 16x9, but nothing.

7. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

I can't even find the laserdisc of the extended edition. There is no DVD of the extended edition.