What's new

Dead Pixels? (1 Viewer)

mac_casey

Grip
I hope this is the right place to be. i just bought a sony projector still under warrenty and im not sure about a spot that only comes up on dark sceens. I dont think its dead pixels because it looks like there is a slight spectrom of light (green and red)in that area but more so it is like a rainbow. My apologies for being a newbie at this and i promise to get my terminalolgy up to speed. I will have some pics of is soon. I was wondering if anyone else had anything like this.

I look forward to your response and promise to have pics soon

cmac

Brae

Supporting Actor
cmac,

Not entirely sure this is the best place for this post, but I'm game. When I pixel fails it really depends on the technology being used. Since you mention the manufacturer is Sony then it should be safe to assume this is an LCD projector, which is a transmissive technology.

Essentially, raw light is passed through three LCD panels (Red, Green, and Blue). When a cell on one of those panels fails, it either permanently allows or blocks the light path for that cell.

Depending of that failed cell was red, green, or blue, you will see something or not. If you have a video calibration DVD (Avia or Video Essentials) try projecting a block color pattern (red or green or blue) and see if the dead pixel is visible in each of these tests and if they are light or dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks