Dead or Alive 3 add on disc

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, May 18, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Hi, everyone. I am about to go and get an X-Box, Halo, Dead or Alive 3, and Blood Omen 2 at KB Toys. I was just wondering if the add on disc for Dead or Alive 3 is worth getting. Could you tell me what it adds to the game? Thanks for any info!

Rob

2. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

It has a number of new costumes for most of the characters that you can choose from and load. it also has the Japanese version of the start movie, very nice. Thats about it.

Dean

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

It's only $7 or $8, plus you get other demos and a magazine. It's totally worth picking up.

-Dave

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

When I do get an X-Box (and probably DoA3) I am just going to borrow this disc from a friend of mine who has it. I don't need the disc to actually use the costumes after I use it once, do I?

I assume that its an "install, don't need anymore" type of thing, but I'm just making sure.

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Yeah, you only need the disc once for the costumes. The new intro is only on the disc though.

-Dave

6. Dean Cooper

I'm pretty sure that the disc saves the extra content to your save file. So as long as you keep the save file you should be ok. I would pick one up just incase though, its not that much to invest, and you get a few demos to try too including DOA3.

On a side note, Morgan you should look up Kung Fu Chaos for the Xbox. This game should be right up your alley, its a lot like SSB which I know you love.

Dean

7. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Where can you get this add-on disc? KB Toys only? Or at most game retailers?

Thanks~!

8. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Carlo, it's included in the latest Official Xbox Magazine demo disc. In stores or by subscription. It's in the June issue, which should be in stores right now.

-Dan

9. James St

James St Supporting Actor

It's the demo disc that comes with June issue of the Official XBox Magazine.

Edit: Doh, Dan beat me to it.

10. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Has there been any word on whether this add-on pack will be included in other issues of the magazine?

11. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I think it is only the current issue.

-Dave

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Stupid, stupid, stupid if it is. They really can't be planning that, can they, Dave?

That means if a punter buys DOA3 in June, they won't get access to those costumes because they can't get last month's magazine without jumping through hoops?

13. Dean Cooper

Brian I thought the same thing. I'll ask and find out how they are going to handle future owners of the game. I bet you the answer is going to be once that Xbox Live actually goes live the add-ons will be available through that avenue. One more justification for MS to charge for the service..."benefits of being a subscriber"

Dean

14. Carlo Medina

Heading out to the newsstands tomorrow to look for this. Thanks for the information guys!

15. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Stupid question:

How do you unlock the new costumes in the game? I'm not talking about the ones from the add on disc. I mean how do you unlock the characters' third costumes? Thanks for any help!

Rob

16. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

I picked up the magazine last night. Some of the new costumes are truly bizarre -- one character is decked out in scuba gear, and Bass wears some sort of viking get-up. I enjoyed playing the various demos on the disc too...between that and the magazine, I'd say it's worth the cover price. I'd get a subscription just for the demos if I weren't moving in a few months.
    BTW, Robert -- a list of how to access alternate costumes is up at http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/...or_alive_3.txt

17. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

Well, I picked up my copy a week or so ago, and I don't even own an X-box. But I'll be getting one, and it will be for DoA3.

18. walter wagers

I would be shocked if it isn't included in future issues of OXM.

19. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Just got the new issue today (Bond on the cover), and it is included. It doesn't say if it will be in future issues...

-Dave

20. Carlo Medina

Sweet disc. I could take or leave the mag, but the demos + potential extra stuff you get with it just might be worth $24 a year for 12 of 'em. I actually get one free with the XBox (coupon inside) so I'll wait a bit and mail it in just to make sure I don't get this current issue as my free one. [​IMG]