What's new

Dead or Alive 3 add-on disc (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
Damn,you should enter one of those competitions.If you're that good you could make some serious pocket money.

You didn't beat the Story Mode in 20 minutes? (I think maybe less?)

I can see how if one had a good enough competitor it might be beter, but I didn't, and didn't really find much enjoyment in the single player. But compared to games like Soul Caliber, I didn't find it as fun.

(But the graphics are great.)

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
I am a Xbox magazine subscriber, however I have not received the last 2 issues!!!

Is there a number to call?????

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Also, the worst boss fight in the history of fighting games.

I made it to the boss within 20 minutes and I am a below average VG fighter but the boss was so artificially difficult, I wanted to throw the controller through the TV screen.

They place him 50 feet away and before you can even start, he throws all these projectile attacks at you.

Huh? How about a mano y mano fight?

When I managed to get close to him, I took him out pretty easy.

Doug

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Can some one help?

I find it extremely difficult to move around with the characters. Is there no way to jump? In B.A.Toshiden, at least you could step away for a minute to practice some moves. Is it just that difficult to move in the game?

And why can you only use the D-Pad?

I find the movement very frustrating in this game, and would like some input.

Thanks a lot!

Ike

Screenwriter
Jump by pressing up on the d-pad. As far as I know, you can only use the d-pad. Not quite sure why.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
The "boss" is the only disappointment in DOA3 as far as I'm concerned. You can dodge his white fireballs by sidestepping, his jet of fire by ducking, and his earth-shaking projectile by jumping. Just move in close so he has to do hand-to-hand combat. When he makes a move, block and then throw. Don't kick or punch him to the ground or he'll drop from the sky and take you out.
I'm not sure how you can say you beat the game in 20 minutes (unless that's just a horrible exaggeration) because each story mode takes at least 10 minutes on a higher difficulty. Then you've got how many characters' stories to run through? Still, it's a moot point because fighter games are meant to be MP. You'd be better off getting an adventure game (I hesitate to recommend Genma Onimusha) if you're looking for lasting content.
... and yes, the new costumes rock. No sex appeal in this game! :P I do have to give props for Rayman in his new Scuba Steve outfit, though. Nothing like doing a roundhouse kick in flippers and full scuba gear! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks