What's new

Dead of Night/Queen of Spades - ? (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I haven't seen any, but my copy just shipped from DVDPlanet. Hope it looks good...

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Okay, I just got done watching Dead of Night. Picture quality is pretty good - certainly not pristine but quite good all things considered. The soundtrack is a bit tinny (I guess that's the right word) but serviceable. Overall, I'd give the presentation three out of four stars. I'll watch Queen of Spades tonight and chime in on that.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Amazon now says "ships in 4-6 weeks", and DVD Empire has also revised its offer by saying ships when available.

Until yesterday both sites were saying 20 May release date.

Has there been a delay in production (tho some must have got thru before judging by the other posts)?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Agee, I'd rate the presentation of The Queen of Spades as another solid effort. Picture quality is about the same as Dead of Night (good) but the soundtrack on TQoS is richer and lacking the harsher quality of the DoN track. Certainly worth a purchase if you dig the films. :)

FWIW, DVDPlanet and DeepDiscountDVD both list DoN/TQoS as being in stock.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
My DVD Empire order got delayed (I preordered months ago), so I'm gonna look at my local Borders, and if they have it I'll just cancel my online order.

I hate when this happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks