What's new

Dead Like Me Season 2 - Extras Info (1 Viewer)

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
My season 2 set arrived this morning. Here is the breakdown of the extras.

Dead Like Me ... Again - 10 Min 51 Sec

Putting Life into Death Feature - 6 Parts

Gravelings - 3 Min 5 Sec
Dirty Old Man - 1 Min 29 Sec
Falling Flower - 2 Min 13 Sec
Death Ripple - 1 Min 40 Sec
Disco Priest - 1 Min 23 Sec
Bouncing Glass - 1 Min 32 Sec

TOTAL - 11 Min 22 Sec

Deleted Scenes - 11 Min 14 Sec - 9 Scenes

1. Taste Buds
2. What I Want
3. Life Line
4. The Envelope
5. Just Show Up
6. Campus Tour
7. Filling In
8. The Real Story
9. Organizing Candy

Photo Gallery

TOTAL VIDEO - 33 Min 27 Sec

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Wow, no commentaries? The last chance for the creators to express how they wished the show would have wrapped up, or for the actors to do the same, and they didn't participate?

Must have been an angry situation for them not to do any commentaries at all.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
This was such a great series, it's a damn shame it didn't continue beyond 2 seasons. Just goes to show you that TPTB in TV, don't give a damn about quality, just money. :thumbsdown:

I hope someday someone picks this up and continues it.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
what i wish is that the second season could have been better... i'll still pick this up, but the imo, the 2nd season had a distinct dropp-off in writing quality. the 1st season was great.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Picked up the S2 on Tuesday...wondering if I should watch it if I've never seen S1, or wait until after I get/watch S1? i.e. is it a continuous storyline like Sopranos/6FU/HBOetc. Thanks.

Kenneth Bova

Agent

If you want to get the full experience of the character development, which is wonderful, then I certainly recommend you start in the beginning.

There are basically two simultaneous plots that run through the series. One of them you could kond of get away with watching out of order if you had to. The other pretty much means starting from the beginning.

Man, I should have just said, "yeah."

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks guys, I was afraid of that :D. Why I asked the question was: the back of the S2 package referred to "character development" of the main protagonist, so it sounded like at least a somewhat continuous storyline, as opposed to episodic TV. Damn, guess it'll be a while until I'll watch S2 then...

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Gave up waiting for S1 to become available locally and watched S2. They can hardly keep S2 in stock around here, every week I look for S1 and the pile of S2 that was there the week before is gone, then a new pile the next week. Anyway, this is my book report on S2 (since there's no other thread I think):

I can see what you mean re the writing in S2. Though I really enjoyed the season and still want to see S1, I must agree the S2 writing is very weak after the first 3-4 episodes IMO and apparently directionless too, so I can sorta see this show being cancelled. All series need an arc to keep people watching regularly, or a potential arc, and this series doesn't seem to have one, except possibly with the parents (not very interesting). Otherwise it's a situation comedy, each episode stand-alone, and I don't think the average TV viewer would find the cynical and dark humor funny enough (though I do) to count it as "comedy" enough. Another thought is none of the main characters seems to be doing any acting except "Mason", seems like they're just showing up and moving around a bit and doing the same thing episode to episode. You can't do that these days, way too many good shows that have more than a cute/clever initial premise...they never moved on from that premise in this series as far as I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks