What's new

Dead Like Me cancelled (1 Viewer)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I give up! :angry:

Every show I really like seems to get cancelled. Maybe I should just start watching all the mindless drivel that fills the airwaves and see if my magic works on those shows. :angry:

Huff is ok, but it doesn't capture my imagination or interest near as much as Dead Like Me.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
On regular TV I'm pretty much down to Enterpise (which is back in the mix this year) and Arrested Development as two shows I "won't miss" but I TiVO some of the Law & Order.. but they aren't what they were.. I don't know, there isn't much on right now that's interesting and really different.

HBO has several shows that I really enjoy, and thankfully, one starts it's new season soon (Carnivale)

It just seems to me like HBO is willing to stand behind their quirky/different series and everyone else bails. If it weren't for Arrested Development, I would have given up hope on Broadcast TV putting together a sitcom worth a darn.

RickGr

Second Unit
Well I am cancelling Showtime Monday as well. The only thing I watch on it are Dead Like Me and Penn & Tellers Bullshi*.
LOST gave me some hope that broadcast TV can still pull up a good one now and then although ABC was very iffy on it and I am sure the ratings surprised the hell out of them.
I do subscribed to HBO for its original programming.

LizH

Second Unit

I've pretty much given up on it altogether.

I might catch something on TLC, The Food Network, or Discovery ... and that's about it.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
It's pretty much official now - at the messageboard at www.ellen-muth.com it was confirmed by Ellen Muth's father.

He said that it was cancelled because the show was too expensive.

So it looks like it was the Gravelings that killed the show - there aren't many TV shows with that much CGI in each episode.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Such crap. I hope Showtime looses a lot of money from this instead of "saving" it.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

It is bizarre, isn't it? It's almost as if there's some unspoken rule against quality.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
First Wonderfalls, now Dead Like me. Who did Bryan Fuller piss off? And why do we have to pay for it?

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
Bastards. I was looking forward to a new season.

Oh well, they'd better at least release the second season on DVD faster now, since they don't have to synch it up with the new season :angry:

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

You can't really compare the two - Wonderfalls was cancelled because it had bad ratings and was a very cheap, boring copy of Dead Like Me.

Dead Like Me had great ratings and was a great show.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
What crap. I liked the show. Then again, I liked Stargate SG-1 and they cancelled it too. At least the SciFi channel picked it up (one of the few good moves they've made) so maybe they can pick Dead Like Me up to. All they'd have to do is curb the bad words.

P.S. I liked Wonderfalls

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
But Showtime complained that the costs were high with reguards to filming, not to mention that on cable the integrity of the show would be ruined by the FCC. Id much rather see the show layed to rest, than to have Mason censored.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

Or Daisy - "Clark Cable? I knew him. I, eh, shook his hand once."

Unless Showtime reconsiders or HBO picks it up, the show is better off cancelled.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Those of you who are cancelling Showtime, make sure that you let them know exactly why you are cancelling it!

If Comedy Central can show uncensored films late at night, then Sci-Fi could run something like this show. Not that I expect them to or anything.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I cannot believe this. I was so much looking forward to the third season, after the way the second ended. I hope another network picks it up. This is such an amazing show, the fuckers at Showtime don't even deserve to have it. Too expensive? It had maybe 5 scenes with the gravelings the whole second season. And by scenes I mean 2-3 second snippets. Cheap bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks