Dead Heads

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vinny Petronio, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Vinny Petronio

Vinny Petronio Stunt Coordinator

Hey any Greatful Dead fans out there? Do you have their work on DVD A and what do you think of the mix!![​IMG]

2. RicP

RicP Screenwriter

I've got American Beauty and Workingman's Dead and I'm very happy with them.
    I tend to listen to the stereo mixes(24/96) more than the multi-channel mixes and it's probably the best I've ever heard these albums.
    The MC mix is certainly of the "middle-of-the-band" kind, and while it's interesting in a novelty sort of way, I cannot see myself listening to it very much. The Stereo track though is very clean and sounds rather wonderful.
    I'm glad that I held off on buying the Remasters of these 2 CD's, because the DVD-A Stereo mixes are excellent.
    Absolutely recommend to all Deadheads. [​IMG]

3. Vinny Petronio

Vinny Petronio Stunt Coordinator

Hey Ric,

Thanks for the info I"m expecting Santa to bring me those albums for Xmas and I am all excited and can't wait to Listen to them Im going to crank it up and enjoy this very much.

4. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

Being a DeadHead since my first show in 1976, I jumped on these DVD-Audio disc on day of release.

IMHO, these are two of the better sounding DVD-A discs out there, both in stereo and surround.

"American Beauty" is somewhat of an alternate listening experience since Mickey Hart created both a totally new stereo and surround mix - adding vocals and instrumental parts that were never part of the original album. I think you will be quite surprised.

"Workingman's" on the other hand is truer to the original album, with just a few "extras" thrown into the supposed new stereo mix, as well as the new surround mix by Mickey Hart.

If you have a DVD-Audio player, or even just a DVD-Video player (which will allow you to play these discs in Dolby Digital surround), and you have any interest in the DEAD - these are must have discs.