What's new

DEAD!! Harmony 880 Remote $109 @ Dell After $20 Rebate & Free Shipping (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
DEAL IS DEAD AS OF APPROXIMATELY 9:00pm (PDT) 06/06/2006

A Very Hot price on the Harmony 880. This deal is all over several "deal" websites. Get your order in quick if you want / need one.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A0466823

Logitech Harmony 880 Universal Remote on sale for $249 - coupon code LWLCHHGG9Q7C9W (-$120) (starts 6/6 8am CT) - $20 rebate = $109 with free shipping.

This deal (the coupon code) is expected to expire (reach its maximum redemption limit) very quickly.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that is so tempting.

i still have my pronto that i could never fully utilize cause i couldnt figure out how to customize it.

wife still cant figure out why i paid $300 for that a few years ago.

what can i do with this remote, how do i convince her and myself this is a good idea.
she doesnt like remotes too much, cant figure out all the equipment.
how easy is this remote for those like her, and to some extent me.
what is the harmany 890

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
At 11:00 PM, CDT the coupon is not working. Not sure if I did anything wrong or it really has expire

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Mike, don't worry about it. I'll kick you and save you the trouble.

As much as I want the 880, my 659 I bought in 2002 has been serving me well.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
No - you didn't do anything wrong - the coupon code reached its maximum redemptions.

Here are the original terms:
LIMITED TIME OFFER!
Limited time offer beginning 6/6/06 8:00am CT through 6/7/06 8:00am CT unless coupon reaches 3000 redemptions prior to expiration date.

I'll try to update Thread Title to reflect that this deal is DEAD.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, my 659 is still doing everything that I could want it to do, so I'm not feeling any particular urge to upgrade. Had the HD-A1 HD-DVD player codes online within five days after the machine streeted. Not bad at all....

But good show to those of you able to take advantage of this before it croaked!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
finally picked mine up yesterday.
went to moms house.

i'm having some trouble understanding the harmony setup software.
seems to be very slow.
i guess its attached to the internet as i have to be signed on to use it.

just not as easy as i had hoped.
plus it doesnt come with a manual.
i have to use that clunky website setup thing to find directions and they seem to be written by the same group that always writes manuals.

i have it upstairs for now just to fool around.
i have a dvd player a tv and the cable dvr.
hit the watch tv button turns eerything on including the dvd player.

not supposed to that i think and i cant figure it out.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
jff thanks.
i've been cruising remote central for years.
the forum is a little rough though.

mike a never even thopughht to check our own www.HDHTF.COM for a topic on this remote thanks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Let the kicking officially begin.

I was explaining to my wife, who takes no interest in things-technical at all, about these cool new remote controls that have nice screens and easy-to-use instructions like "Listen to Music" and she lit up like a Christmas tree and said they sounded like a great idea.

Our one main TV (a small HD CRT) is tied into an HT receiver, HD DVR cable box and a coupla other devices.

If I had a nickel for every time she has, in frustration, uttered the phrase, "I just want to be able to turn on the TV and watch it!...I'd be able to afford the Harmony 880! :D

If anyone sees another great deal on these things, I sure would appreciate hearing about it! ;)

Timothy J Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
TimothyJackson Wolfe
Hey Mike I also missed out on this great deal but after looking around I found that Amazon.com has the Logitech Harmony 628 Advanced Universal Remote for $39.95 plus $9.99 shipping it retails at $149.99 and overall has the same features but not the color display just the standard Display I ordered just recevied have to get it programed but seems pretty nice. Here's the Link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...578301?ie=UTF8

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Timothy:

I just MAY jump on that deal! Thanks! Maybe since you've got one in your hands, you can answer a question or two for me--or, I'd be glad to hear from anyone in the know. How many "Activities" can you program?

Also, here's what one customer posted in a review over at newegg.com:

Will the 628 really allow you to program an HDTV, HD cable box/PVR, and all the rest of a typical HT set-up one might have? This was one reason I thought everyone was moving towards the 880. I've got in my system an HDTV, HD cable box, DVD player, LD player, VHS VCR, Beta VCR (!), CD Player, SONY HT receiver. What I've read indicates that the newer stuff requires the 880....but maybe not?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks