What's new

(Dead deal) Rocky Anthology DVD Set - $12 Including Shipping @ Target.com (1 Viewer)

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks.

I have the first Anthology version. It's nice to get an upgrade (for once) at a very low price. I guess I'll give the old ones as a gift.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads up on this deal Jeff. I ordered one. I never got around to getting either set but I did borrow the non-anamorphic one from my friend a few times when I had my old 27 inch TV but now I have a HI-DEF Widescreen LCD TV and this set which is anamorphic will be perfect for it.

Thanks again

SteveCallas

Second Unit
This is insane! I'll be stopping at a Target on my way home from work to see if this price is available in store as well - either way I'm picking up some. I already own all five movies, but this is a crazy deal I can't pass up.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone actually had confirmation that these shipped at that price? Target.com's music/book/DVD selections are actually run by Amazon.com and their price on the same set was $40+... And Steve, there is no price matching between the website and the stores.

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely an error, but, man do I feel good that I bought it right when I saw this topic last night. I think the "you save" portion was actually supposed to be the price or close because $8.97 ($1.70 each) for a set is too good to be true. I think some of the ROCKY movies from that set are in the Wal-Mart Bargain bin, and if they could all be had that would make the set about $27.00.
Thanks again, Jeff.

Don, you'll be glad to know (or you may be) that each of these have a "dts soundtrack" in addition to the new anamorphic transfers. I think Rocky II and IV were the movies last time that were simply repacked with the same non-anamorphic transfers. Prior to the last Rocky Anthology, I think Rocky III and V were not available. I like the covers from the old Anthology better though because they used the original movie posters.

Old version

New version

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
Dead deal here too. Man I am pissed off.

I sent that automated email address this in a pinch of Homer Simpson rage and I quote.

"You bastards

Every heard of false advertising?"

I doubt I will get a reply back.

Damn that would of been the deal of the year so far.

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
The thing that gets me is that if this were in a B&M Store, we would have gotten this deal because we essentially bought the item. I looked at there HELP section and I could not find anything relating to an incident like this. It only mentions if the price is higher than it should be, but I could not find anywhere on their site where they can cancel your order without a consumer's consent. Either several people contacted them or several Rocky sets were ordered because the associate knew what I was talking about before I mentioned my order or what the issue was about. I know it's a mistake on their part, but it's also very "cheap" of them to do that and not offer some type of coupon to make up for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks