What's new

DEAD CAN DANCE: SACD reissues April (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
all of the original single titles are being reissued from Japan. SACD HYBRiD, that is
Ive kind of wondered when 4AD was going to get around to remastering the titles, at least in the UK, which would have made them less expensive.
April 29
Amazon.com $30 OR
CDJapan $21

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
So SACD's still alive in Japan? Why the hell have the US labels given up on it so quickly??

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

Japan is the 2nd biggest music market in the world and SACD is more than holding its own over there. Japan Sony alone released over 20 SACD (reissues of Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, and Leonard Bernstein titles) within the last 3 months of 2007.

I noticed that the Dead Can Dance SACD are being reissued by Warner Music Japan. Is this right? Or possible? Last time a Warner Music division released a SACD, it turned into an international incident

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Looks like WARNER is releasing them, by the catalog prefix WPRC xxxx

I would have expected PONY CANYON

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

Better keep it quiet or "Susan Mazon of Warner Bros. will reiterate her label’s commitment to the DVD-Audio format" (from above link :laugh: ).

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
the first album I like the best-but it has a kind of a large echo-y 'industrial sound'-I wonder how that will go over in SACD

LG & BP were very unhappy with the studio they had to use-seems like Depeche Mode had just vacated-and it was customized towards their needs
they had a hard time getting the sounds they wanted

Brent71

Auditioning
Real Name
Brent
I got a couple bulletins on Myspace a couple days ago from Brendan Perry, both from his own page and the DCD page. Here's what it says:
If you go to the DCD website you'll see the release date and at the bottom left corner of the page the MoFi and SACD symbols. It also says "Mastered By MFSL" I called the MFSL mastering studio in Cali yesterday and asked them if it was true and the guy said yes, they did remaster them and they're in Japan being replicated right now. He said they won't be sold under the MoFi label, they're being released on the 4AD label, MoFi just did the remastering. :)

Brent71

Auditioning
Real Name
Brent
I just got an email from Scott at ElusiveDisc.com. They've got three of the titles up on their site for pre-order now. I'm sure the rest will be showing up soon.

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
First Album: Digital Can Dance

Second Album: Spin And Ideal

Third Album: Within The Realm Of Improved Audio

Fourth Album: Subwoofers Egg

Fifth Album: Aion (Couldn't Think Of One)

Sixth Album: A Perfection In Timing

Seventh Album: Into The Waveguide

Eighth Album: Toward The Woofer

Ninth Album: Speakerchaser

A Little Dead Can Dance Word Fun...

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
These are in mini LP format , right?

I read somewhere that the regular CDs will be in Super Jewel Boxes.

Wonder if the SACDs will eventually be packaged the same way? ( I hope so)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
They will be CDs put in a flat cardboard replica of the LP cover-these are the SACDs/hybrid

In August they will come in 'Super Jewel Cases' (anyone know the point of those?)

Can you buy them here in US if one gets broken?

The plastic case discs, if past experience is still in effect here will be just the remastered edition...but who knows

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks